During her powerpoint presentation “Understanding the American Muslim Community” at the June 4th AMAC event in Manchester, Sabina Mohyuddin explained that there were several “…organizations that help American Muslims stay true to their religious values while being uniquely American.”
Organizations on her slide were the Fiqh Council of North America (FCNA) and the Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA).
Here are the organizations and the information Mohyuddin omitted about them:
Fiqh Council of North America (FCNA)
Along with Al-Ahzar University in Cairo, the preeminent teaching center of sharia law, the FCNA authenticated the English translation of the “Reliance of the Traveller, the Classic Manual of Islamic Sacred Law.”
Excerpts from “Reliance of the Traveller” include:
- “the Objectives of Jihad” o9.8 – the caliph wars against Jews, Christians, and Zoroastrians if they don’t accept the invitation to Islam or they can pay the non-Muslim poll tax (jizya)
- “Giving Zakat to Deserving Recipients” h8.17 (zakat is Islamic charity)- those fighting for Allah who are not employed by the military, ie, “volunteers for jihad”
- “Dealing with a rebellious wife” m10.12(4)(c) – a husband may hit his wife to either correct her behavior or to save the family but he may not hit her in such a way as to injure her
Any number of FCNA members have been arrested, deported and named as unindicted co-conspirators in connection with terrorist activities. All are connected in some manner to the Muslim Brotherhood. Members include:
- Abdurahman/Abdulrahman Alamoudin- sentenced to 23 years for terrorist fundraising; self-declared supporter of Hamas and Hezbollah
- Muhammad al-Hanooti – Hamas fundraiser, first President of Islamic Association for Palestine listed as a friend by the Muslim Brotherhood, unindicted co-conspirator in Holy Land Foundation and conspirator in Blind Sheikh prosecution
- Jamal Badawi – founded Muslim American Society (which Alamoudi testified last year, is Muslim Brotherhood). Badawi issued a fatwa detailing the conditions under which a husband may beat his wife and was an individually named unindicted co-conspirator in the Holy Land Foundation trial.
- Taha Jaber Al-Alawani – named an unindicted co-conspirator in the terrorism prosecution against Palestinian Islamic Jihad founder, Sami al-Arian. In his capacity as President of the International Institute of Islamic Thought, (a named friend of the Muslim Brotherhood), Pres. of FCNA and a member of Islamic Fiqh Academy at Jedda, he wrote about the “Reliance of the Traveller”:
“From a purely academic point of view,this translation is superior to anything produced by orientalists in the way of translations of major Islamic works, in that while faithfully maintaining the required scholary level, its aim is to imbue the consciousness of the non-Arabic-speaking Muslim with a sound understanding of Sacred Law”
Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA)
ICNA was named as one of the Muslim Brotherhood’s likeminded “organizations of our friends” in the 1991 Muslim Brotherhood Explanatory Memorandum plan for North America. This document identified the likeminded “organizations of our friends” that shared the common goal of destroying America and turning it into a Muslim nation. These “friends” were identified by the Brotherhood as groups that could help teach Muslims “that their work in America is a kind of grand Jihad in eliminating and destroying the Western civilization from within and ‘sabotaging’ its miserable house by their hands … so that … God’s religion [Islam] is made victorious over all other religions.”
ICNA’s pursuit of establishing Islam as the “sole basis of global society and governance” was revealed with the publication of its 2010 Member’s Hand Book.
One way ICNA pursues this goal is through dawa in U.S. public schools, ie, proselytizing. ICNA reported that: “Reaching the youth has not always been an area explored by those in the Dawa field. Our representatives visit public schools sharing knowledge of Islam as an attempt to correct the misrepresentations often found in secular reading materials.”
ICNA works closely with the Muslim American Society that was recently confirmed to be Muslim Brotherhood (see above).
Mohyuddin said these organizations help Tennessee’s Muslims “stay true to their religious values” which includes global sharia law!