The Muslim Brotherhood’s CAIR says “Islamophobia is close-minded prejudice against or hatred of Islam and Muslims” and “[a]n Islamophobe is an individual who holds a closed-minded view of Islam and promotes prejudice against or hatred of Muslims.”
CAIR has declared Tennessee to be one of the most Islamophobic states in the U.S.
Founder and former director of the Tennessee American Center for Outreach (ACO), Remziya Suleyman, for years, repeatedly singled out Tennessee and blamed specific Tennessee organizations and specific individuals for bringing Islamophobia to the state.
Paul “Iesa” Galloway who was a Texas CAIR Director from 2002 to 2006, now runs the ACO and has taken over Suleyman’s job of identifying Islamophobia in Tennessee.
Nihad Awad who publicly voices his support for HAMAS, is also the head of Galloway’s former organization, CAIR. Awad has been a regular visitor to Tennessee and CAIR has regularly inserted itself into Tennessee’s political activities. CAIR liberally uses accusations of Islamophobia to single out targets.
Galloway now lives in Nashville, runs the ACO Muslim advocacy organization and is a registered lobbyist talking directly to Tennessee’s state legislators. Until recently the ACO was a named local partner organization to Daoud Abudiab’s Faith and Culture Center. The listing has been changed to ““Local Muslim organizations and centers.”
Islamist activist Daoud Abudiab’s Faith and Culture Center had planned to hold an Islamophobia conference on September 26, 2015 but renamed it after the jihadi murder in Chattannooga. Pushing the idea that the Chattaooga jihadist’s actions had nothing to do with Muslims or Islam they renamed the event to “Our Muslim Neighbor: Creating a Community of Inclusion in Middle Tennessee.”
Daoud Abudiab, former co-chair of Tennessee’s American Muslim Advisory Council (AMAC), now serves as board president of the far left TIRRC (TN Immigrant and Refugee Rights Coalition), a pro-amnesty and open borders organization which supports the lawlessness of illegal immigration calling it “family reunification.” TIRRC received $310,000 of Soros money in 2012 and $469,000 in 2013. Can there be any question about what their REAL agenda is.
Abudiab is a supporter of the open borders group Clergy for Tolerance. He also spearheads “Our Muslim Neighbor” (OMN) initiative which is the sole focus of his Faith and Culture Center. Read “The Dark Side of the Interfaith Syndicate: ‘Our Muslim Neighbor,’ CAIR.”
CAIR and the Tennessee Islamist bullies use name-calling like “Islamophobe” to silence and threaten or provoke action against any criticism of Islam or political sharia. CAIR has been prolific in assembling reports and a website labelling individuals, organizations and actions they call the “Islamophobia Network.”
SoundVision, a department of the Muslim Brotherhood Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA), instructs that Islamophobia includes acts like, “…depicting the Prophet as a terrorist, disrespecting the Quran, torturing prisoners, bombing civilians or occupying Muslim lands, these are all signs of Islamophobia” and it includes “any kind of hate crime or speech against Islam and Muslims.”
The Islamic State just released its 9th issue of its English magazine called “Dabiq” with an introduction promoting the shooting in Garland Texas as “inspiration” for Muslims living in the “lands of the crusaders.”
CAIR and Tennessee’s Islamist bullies like Abudiab, Galloway and Suleyman are now on notice that Islamic State (IS) sympathizers are encouraged and will be incited to respond to accusations of Islamophobia, with deadly violence. So why are Islamist agitators like CAIR, Suleyman, Galloway and Abudiab knowingly, willfully and recklessly continuing to mark the targets?
Are Islamophobia accusers willing to intimidate people into silence by whatever means? Can they justify the violence used by IS to silence critics of political Islam in Tennessee, once and forever?
After the jihad terrorist murders in Chattanooga, why would Tennessee’s Department of Homeland Security enable the deliberate inciting to violence?
Newsletter #182 – Persecution of Christians and Rape of Yazidis Are No Concern to Islamists Living in the U.S….Posted: August 26, 2015
Except of course to disavow that these atrocities have anything to do with Islam.
Self-styled human rights Islamist activists living in the U.S. are talking about the same Islam that Memphis Imam Yasir Qadhi says deems Christians to be spiritually “filthy.” It’s the same Islam that Knoxville’s Islamic Annoor Academy’s textbook teaches about Christians leading “such decadent and immoral lives…” And the same Annoor Academy textbook teaches that the goal of the caliphate is, without exception, to follow the Quran, sharia law and the example of Muhammed:
“Muslims dream of establishing the power of Islam in the world. Muslims of all types and backgrounds agree that the Islamic system is the best for humanity in this life.”
According to the Quran, the Hadith and sharia law, the “Islamic system” includes slavery and rape of captured non-Muslim women and girls, and persecution of Christians who don’t submit to Islam. (Quran at 9:5, 9:29, sharia law at o9.8).
The torture of Yazidis and persecution of Christians by Islamists in the Middle East is reported daily. Yet, Islamist leaders like Tennessee’s Daoud Abudiab and New York’s Linda Sarsour, who were publicly honored as human rights activists, remain silent.
Abudiab is a Palestinian who once lamented to the audience who had watched the anti-Israel film “5 Broken Cameras,” that “he was one of the ones that left.” Instead, he does his jihad in Tennessee by marketing the myth of Islamophobia to apologist Christians who prefer to ignore the very real and deadly persecution of Christians in Muslim majority countries.
Sarsour, head of the Arab American Association of NY, was born in New York after her parents, both Palestinians from the West Bank, immigrated to the U.S. Identifying herself as a Palestinian-American, Sarsour’s platform of victimhood is two-fold: alleged abuses of Palestinians by Israel and American discrimination and Islamophobia directed at Muslims living here. An “Open Letter to Muslim Feminist Linda Sarsour” asked her to speak out about the real victims, like the girls and women being enslaved and raped by ISIS jihadis.
Even Sarsour’s hometown newspaper, the leftist Jew and Israel hating New York Times, was willing to publish a lengthy expose on the issue – “ISIS Enshrines a Theology of Rape.”
Instead of discussing the reasons for the persecution of Christians and rape of Yazidis, Islamists in Tennessee try to buy a sympathy card for the Chattanooga jihad.
Islamists in Tennessee try to buy a sympathy card
After the jihadist murders in Chattanooga, Daoud Abudiab created a very public and self-congratulatory event in an effort to purchase goodwill for Tennessee’s Muslims. Twenty-two thousand dollars was raised by an interfaith group and donated to the Community Foundation of Greater Chattanooga for the jihadi slain servicemen’s children. Even though the money was raised from an interfaith group, the propaganda was designed to promote Abudiab’s Faith and Culture Center and in order to highlight Muslim participation as good neighbors.
The sole agenda of Abudiab’s Center is “Our Muslim Neighbor,” a project “directed at the public for the positive transformation of views about Muslims and Islam.” Religions for Peace USA (RPUSA) is targeting Middle Tennessee with the “Our Muslim Neighbor” project. Ironically, RPUSA, is itself tied to Islamist Muslim Brotherhood organizations in the U.S., and cites as support for its choice to target Tennessee, CAIR’s pronouncement that Middle Tennessee is “arguably one of the most Islamophobic areas in America.”
CAIR, a Muslim Brotherhood operative, was named an unindicted co-conspirator in the largest terrorism financing prosecution in U.S. history for raising money and sending it to the designated terrorist organization, HAMAS. In fact, CAIR’s national director, Nihad Awad, a frequent visitor to the Murfreesboro mosque, has publicly stated his support for HAMAS.
Are Muslims really the victims instead of the persecuted Christians or raped Yazidis?
The Faith and Culture Center’s website persists in the narrative that Muslims are victims of jihadists just like the infidels. But not being liked, being offended or even having your religion and prophet insulted, doesn’t make you a victim – of anything.
Abudiab and the rest of the self-pitying Muslim “human rights activists” who enjoy the freedom of living in the U.S. should take a lesson from the Canadian businessman who is helping to free Yazidi women and girls enslaved by ISIS, or the American Anti-Slavery group which worked for years freeing slaves in the Sudan.
The Red-Green Alliance goes after the South
Alinsky’s Industrial Areas Foundation (IAF) understood the value of penetrating the traditionally conservative political South, especially, religious organizations in the Bible Belt’s buckle of Middle Tennessee. Once IAF connected with religious communities in Nashville that were starting to drift left, they were able to access people and money and launch TNT (Tying Nashville Together).
As documented in The Newer Deal: Social Work and Religion in Partnership, “[a]t all TNT activities, members pray together and emphasize that their raison d’etre is to fulfill their religious calling.” Meaning, TNT members demand that the government perform the charitable work otherwise demanded by TNT members’ religious doctrines.
While the professional left was doing its work to transform religious communities, the Islamists were busy transforming the ACLU.
The ACLU abets the Muslim Brotherhood agenda
A 2012 Investors Business Daily editorial questions the Islamization of the ACLU, a change reflected in the cases and positions advocated (or not) by the ACLU. The change has brought deeper ties with Muslim Brotherhood groups like unindicted co-conspirator organization CAIR.
This may be why in 2010 the ACLU remained silent at the capitulation of the media and law enforcement when cartoonist Molly Norris was forced into hiding after proposing “everybody draw Mohammed day.” Norris received no protection from law enforcement and no objection was made by the ACLU.
In stark contrast, however, the ACLU did file a suit on behalf of the father of al-Qaeda terrorist Anwar al-Awlaki, objecting to the government issuing a kill order for him.
The ACLU has publicly defended ICNA’s charitable fundraising despite ICNA’s Muslim Brotherhood ties, its questionable donations to organizations connected to HAMAS, and it leadership’s support for other Islamic charities our government has shut down because they fund terrorism.
Just like Alinsky’s IAF, the Muslim Brotherhood’s ICNA (Islamic Circle of North America) also has a Southern strategy. Starting with the Southern Islamic Convention designed to reinforce ideas like global sharia law, using materials that promote hatred of Jews and Christians and dawa (Islamic proselytizing) in U.S. public schools.
ICNA is well entrenched in Tennessee. Rafiq Mahdi, ICNA Director of Outreach for Southern Region for their charity arm, ICNA Relief USA, lives in Knoxville. He also serves as the “unofficial imam” of the Knoxville Muslim community.
If the ACLU didn’t have double standards, they’d have no standards at all
In Tennessee, Hedy Weinberg uses her ACLU office to abet the Islamist agenda.
One stunning example of Weinberg’s support for all things Islamist and her own hypocrisy, is her lawsuit against the Sumner County school district.
In 2011 ACLU-TN filed a suit against the school district because of alleged promotion of Christian beliefs to students by school personnel. A settlement agreement was reached that prohibited school officials from promoting their personal religious beliefs to students, prohibited the display of “religious symbols and items…in a place publicly visible to students,” and “…the schools can no longer take field trips to religious sites.”
Two years later, a high school located in Sumner County, in direct violation of the ACLU settlement agreement, took a group of freshman on a field trip to a mosque where they listened to readings from the Quran and a were given copies.
There is no public record indicating that the ACLU objected to this Sumner County school violating the settlement agreement. Why?
Are churches waking up?
Real Catholic TV has posted a video “CCHD and Saul Alinsky,” exposing the infiltration by Alinsky’s IAF and the fact that it does not align with Catholic doctrine, despite continued funding from the CCHD (Catholic Campaign for Human Development.)
Albuquerque Interfaith, an IAF affiliate has been exposed for trying to disguise its leftist agenda as being consistent with “decades of Catholic social justice teaching and authentic Catholic action.” For example, the report details:
- how Alinsky principles are not ethical while “Authentic Catholic Action” (ACA), is always ethical
- how Albuquerque Interfaith is tied to an IAF group Call to Action which opposes the church’s teachings
- how Alinsky organizing promotes liberation theology which is not consistent with either ACA or the church’s teachings
- that Marxist ideas of class warfare are likewise not consistent with ACA which “promotes cooperation and respect among all members of society.”
- Alinskyian organizing replaces the mandate to serve the poor with government programs that often harm the poor.
Leftist media helps out where they can
This year, leftist media The Los Angeles Times, named Muslim Brotherhood’s CAIR director Nihad Awad, one of the nation’s “new civil rights leaders.” Awad has publicly voiced his support for the U.S. designated terrorist organization, HAMAS, the jihadi arm of the Muslim Brotherhood.
CAIR, a named unindicted co-conspirator in the Holy Land Foundation terrorism financing prosecution, is also a designated terrorist organization in the UAE.
The Tennessean “reporter” Bob Smietana set the strategy for the newspaper by silencing any criticism of Islam. The newest editor, David Plazas carries water for the Islamists by promoting CAIR director Paul “Iesa” Galloway who now runs the Muslim American Center for Outreach (ACO).
What can you do?
- find out whether your congregation was a TNT member. Do they still profess to the socialist goals? Educate your friends about where this leads
- if you belong to a Catholic church, share the report about the Albuquerque interfaith group that exposes how Alinsky’s IAF partners don’t adhere to authentic church doctrine
- all churches want money – your money. But if your church is going to the red-green alliance, consider withholding your tithe to the church and instead, direct your tithe to a more worthy charity
- work to wake up your fellow congregants and your pastors and explain why leftist organizations undermine personal responsibility for our fellow man
- spread the word to expose the ACLU for the hypocritical and destructive organization it is.
When Islamists like former ACO (American Center for Outreach) director Remziya Suleyman tells you how she also reveres Jesus, most apologist Christians (especially those Family of Abraham fanatics) breathe the interfaith “they are just like us” sigh of relief.
The Muslim Brotherhood also “loves Jesus”
Last year, the MSA (Muslim Students Association) at East Tennessee State University put on a program called “Jesus in Islam”:
“We did a couple of lectures on campus last year,” Nimer [MSA President], said. “One was ‘Jesus in Islam.’ We talked about the misconceptions people have because a lot of people think we don’t believe in Jesus. We do, we love him, we respect him and we follow his teachings.”
Did the MSA read where the Quran says we are all supposedly Muslims which is why they refer to converts as “reverts”? According to the Quran, “Esa,” is Jesus’ real name because Jesus was a Muslim, he was not crucified and did not die on the cross but instead, ascended to Allah and anyone claiming otherwise is a liar, so when Jesus returns, he will “be a witness against Jews and Christians for believing in his death.” (4:157-159)
Did the MSA inform attendees that the hadith (traditions and sayings of Muhammad) say that when Jesus comes back, he goes on a pilgrimage to Mecca, he breaks the cross, kills the pig, does away with the “jizyah” (tax on Jews and Christians) and helps destroy Christianity once and for all?
“He will break the cross, kill swine, and abolish jizyah. Allah will perish all religions except Islam.”
A Nashville Islamist tells Christians the truth if they will only hear it
In 1999 Awadh Binhazim, former Austin CAIR chapter leader and former board member at the Islamic Center of Nashville (ICN), proselytized Islam in Nashville through his Olive Tree Education project. Among Islamists operating in Tennessee, he was one of the least deceptive. While serving as the Vanderbilt Muslim chaplain, he admitted that Islam commands death for homosexuality, that Islam is not a matter of personal opinion but whatever Allah (as delivered by Mohammed) decreed. He lectured Islam’s supremacist belief regarding what Muslims believe about the Gospel:
“When Muslims say they believe in the Ingil, the Gospel and they believe in the Torah, and they believe in the Psalms, they qualify. They believe that there has been a change in the text of the Torah and the Gospel. Therefore, originality was lost…Authenticity was lost. And Muslis regard this to be a deliberate change by corrupt priests of the time. They distorted the word of God and eliminated the original Hebrew and Aramaic versions of their scriptures.”
Binhazim also publicized the writings by al-Qaeda operative Anwar al-Awlaki and senior Muslim Brotherhood leader and terrorism financing unindicted co-conspirator Jamal Badawi through his Olive Tree Education website:
Daoud Abudiab, founder of the Tennessee Faith and Culture Center which will be hosting an Islamophobia conference in September, partnered in dawa (proselytizing) with Binhazim.
Knoxville’s Anoor Academy textbook also teaches about Christians
Binhazim’s belief in the supremacy of Islam is also reflected in the textbook “What Islam Is All About” used at the private Islamic school in Knoxville. The textbook teaches the students this about Christians:
p.187 – “So, although the Christians and Jews may make a big noise about following Prophet Ibrahim, in fact, neither of them do. Prophet Ibrahim fulfilled Allah’s commands, the Jews don’t even follow half of what their corrupted books say. The Christians don’t follow anything except what their philosophers and priests make up from time to time.”
p.188 – “Prophet Ibrahim told people to do good and he forbade the wrong. Many ‘religious’ and ‘non-religious’ Jews and Christians lead such decadent and immoral lives that lying, alcohol, nudity, pronography, racism, foul language, pre-marital sex, homosexuality and everything else are accepted in their society, churches and synagogues. Just turn on the television in any Jewish or Christian community and see what’s ‘normal.’”
Quoting passages from the Quran, page 282 mocks Christians saying, “[w]hat does Allah say about all this nonsense that the Christian religion teaches?” and claims that Paul’s doctrines are false.
Other pages in the textbook are devoted to convincing the students that it’s not a good idea to have Christian friends but if for some reason they do only become friends to fulfill the duty to convert them to Islam.
ICNA (Islamic Circle of North America), another Muslim Brotherhood organization, uses “we love Jesus” for their dawa but conceals that the Quran says Muhammad revealed the Ingil (Gospel) to “Esa” (Jesus) because he was a Muslim. Exactly what these kids are being taught:
On Friday, July 24, 2015, when police in Chattanooga were escorting the funeral procession for Marine Staff Sgt. David Wyatt to the Chattanooga National Cemetery, some Baptists and their children attended prayers at the the Islamic Society of Greater Chattanooga, the jihad murderer’s mosque, to “…show them that we love them.”
The Christian women, who attended and brought their daughters, all wore headscarves. They “…asked that their church not be identified because not everyone was in agreement with them visiting, said they were struck by how similar the service was to the Christian messages they are used to hearing.”
The imam didn’t talk about the murders but for the benefit of a dawa opportunity did talk about the basics of Islam. This guy knows ignorant dhimmi Christians when he sees them.
As a Vanderbilt Ingram Scholar, Hytham Al-Hindi, gets his tuition fully paid for his undergraduate degree.
In exchange for the $160,000 plus in free education, Vanderbilt gets its own Jew-hating, HAMAS- connected Students for Justice in Palestine (SJP) student organization, started by Al-Hindi.
Who is Hytham Al-Hindi and what are his motives to align with SJP?
Hytham Al-Hindi is from Jonesboro, Arkansas. His father, Dr. Ahmad Al-Hindi is a cardiologist who graduated from Jordan University of Science & Technology in northern Jordan, the country presumed to be where Dr. Al-Hindi immigrated from to the U.S.
In 2008, about 3.5 million people in Jordan were believed to be of Palestinian ancestry. Is Dr. Al-Hindi’s ancestry Palestinian? Does Dr. Al-Hindi have ties to the Muslim Brotherhood in Jordan? Is he an anti-Israel sympathizer? Does he have political views that may have influenced his son?
Hytham Al-Hindi’s Ingram Scholars bio documents his high engagement with the immigrant and refugee populations in Nashville. He volunteers with the refugee resettlement agency NICE (Nashville International Center for Empowerment), that was started by a former refugee turned government contractor “entrepeneur.” (Remember this when the propagandists tell you how great it is that refugees come and start businesses.)
Hytham’s facebook page looks like the who’s who of Muslim Brotherhood organizations. His listed “favorites” include:
- Vanderbilt and UTK’s Muslim Students Association
- Islamic Center of Nashville (ICN) which was the mosque for al-Qaeda imam Abdulhakim Mohammed
- American Center for Outreach (ACO) run by former Muslim Brotherhood CAIR director Paul Galloway
- Hamza Yusuf who describes Judaism as the most racist religion
- Tariq Ramadan (grandson of Muslim Brotherhood founder Hassan al-Banna)
- Suhaib Webb – vocal Jew hater
Since he has started an SJP chapter at Vanderbilt, it’s no surprise that he also lists as “favorites” some of the most aggressive and virulent leftist anti-Israel and Jew-hating individuals and organizations that promote the BDS (boycott, divestment and sanctions movement against Israel). After all, demonization and delegitimization of Israel along with promoting BDS is the core belief of SJP:
- Angela Davis – former Black Panther party member and Communist
- Noam Chomsky – “America is worse than Nazi Germany”
- Rachel Corrie Foundation
- Jewish Voice for Peace – listed by the Anti-Defamation League as one of the top 10 anti-Israel groups in the U.S. and an aggressive promoter of BDS
- SJP Loyola
- Loyola Divest
- NU Divest (Northwestern University Divest) – in February, its student government passed a divest Israel resolution by two votes
The end goal of the BDS campaign is to eliminate the State of Israel since its existence is hateful to Islam. When pro-BDS and pro-Hamas agitators chant “from the river to the sea Palestine will be free” they are saying that their vision is that there will be no Israel between the Jordan River and Mediterranean—and no Jews – it’s Judenrein.
SJP emulates the language and values of HAMAS. For this reason and because of the extreme anti-Israel and anti-Jewish hatred displayed by the chapter members, SJP is more accurately labeled “Hamas on Campus.”
SJP chapters on college campuses sponsor events like “Israel Apartheid Week,” disrupt pro-Israel events, and are the primary agitators pushing anti-Israel BDS resolutions introduced to student governments. SJP chapters have created hostile and intimidating campus environments for Jewish students. SJP prides itself on bringing conflict and divisiveness to college campuses along with using a well-financed disinformation campaign that spreads their hatred towards Jews and Israel.
Vanderbilt inviting Jew hatred?
Vanderbilt actively recruits international students. The university is promoted by CampusExplorer as a desirable school for students from the Middle East. The 2014 “Open Doors on International Education Exchange” report says that of the over 690,000 international students enrolled in four year U.S. colleges and graduate programs, almost 34,000 came from the Middle East:
43% – Qatar, 36% – UAE, 34% – Iran, 25% – Saudi Arabia, 20% – Kuwait.
They are all Muslim majority countries, some of which promote hatred of Jews and Israel. Yusuf al-Qaradawi, the Muslim Brotherhood spiritual leader who supports Palestinian suicide bombings, is based in Qatar. Saudi Arabia follows the strictest form of sharia law which prohibits Jews from being citizens. Iran is supplying Hezbollah operatives with weapons so they can attack Israelis and Jews in Europe.
So, what ideology do these students bring with them? Do they gravitate more to student groups like the MSA, SJP and the Middle Eastern Students Association? Homegrown in Waverly, Tennessee, Samar Ali co-founded the Middle Eastern Students Association at Vanderbilt because as she said, “I will always be Arab and I will always be American and I will always be Muslim….My parents always taught us to never forget where we came from and to never forget where we are now.”
What will be Vanderbilt’s response?
SJP’s co-founder, Hatem Bazian came as a college student to the U.S. from the Hamas stronghold of Nablus in the West Bank. He brought his Islamic Jew-hatred with him and created the SJP campus hate group. Across U.S. campuses, SJP’s chapters activities and actions, along with the group’s DNA as pictured below, make the group ineligible for chartering as a campus student organization.
Equally relevant for Vanderbilt and every campus that has an SJP chapter is whether a group tied to HAMAS, a U.S. designated terrorist organization, can be chartered under any school’s rules for student organizations. Can public money be allowed to flow to these groups? Should private money be permitted to enable these groups?
In true leftist-progressive fashion, Vanderbilt made Christian campus groups unwelcome by enforcing the zero tolerance all-comers’ policy. If Vanderbilt enables SJP on its campus, will Jews at Vanderbilt be the next group to have to leave?
After the Holy Land Foundation prosecution, the FBI severed its relationship with CAIR because of its associations with the HAMAS-support network. But some FBI field offices violated the restrictions.
In 2011, a continuing funding resolution signed by Obama included language that barred the FBI from partnering with unindicted co-conspirators like CAIR. Two years later, the DOJ Inspector General released a report documenting how the FBI violated the Congressional ban by working with CAIR.
Regardless of the FBI’s efforts, CAIR directors work to undermine law enforcement. Michigan’s Dawud Walid tells his listeners not to cooperate with the FBI because they are “agent provocateurs” that target Muslims.” Walid was brought to Tennessee by ACO’s director to train Muslim high school students in political activism.
On a broader scale, the Islamist organizations are working to sanitize law enforcement training materials by withholding pertinent information and thus, effectively neutering our national security agencies.
In 2013 Judicial Watch issued its detailed report about the purge of counterterrorism training materials used by different federal agencies. The identities of who decided which materials were offensive and needed to be removed, is unknown; 876 pages and 392 presentations were purged.
Kenneth Moore, the Special Agent in Charge of the FBI’s Knoxville Office, signed the FBI memo detailing the information purged from the FBI training programs. Moore spoke at the Tennessee AMAC (American Muslim Advisory Council) event jn Manchester where Tennesseans were told what they could and could not say about Islam and Muslims.
In August 2014, Tennessee’s Muslim ACO (American Center for Outreach) along with CAIR and other Muslim Brotherhood affiliate organizations, signed onto another letter demanding more purging of materials and retraining of personnel across government agencies.
Tennessee’s lead law enforcers work to appease Islamists
In 2009 James Cotter a TNDHS Regional Advisor said with regard to foreign threats, “anything that they do over there can happen here and will.”
Two short years later, Tennessee’s Islamists received a congratulatory letter from Bill Gibbons, TN Commissioner of Safety and Homeland Security, Cotter was promoted for helping AMAC to organize and AMAC members were included in department trainings. So, there is no reason to believe that Tennessee’s law enforcement personnel are receiving complete and fact based training about Islamist activity in the state.
The Muslim Brotherhood Plan specifically addressed subversion of the media. Tennessee’s Islamists are working aggressively to subvert any media effort to objectively and truthfully report about the Islamist agenda in our state. ACO’s director Paul “Iesa” Galloway’s background is in PR & media. AMAC board member Sabina Mohyuddin supports Muslim Brotherhood organizations. They recently brought the Muslim Brotherhood’s media influence operation to the desk of The Tennessean editorial board.
What should informed citizens do?
Continue to educate yourself and those around you. Our state and federal government will allow the subversion to continue until leaders with eyes wide open choose a different course. But informed citizens do not have to wait. Anyone willing to use factual and objective information can take steps now to counter the propaganda and media influence that is underway.
Right now Tennessee needs focused efforts to expose Muslim Brotherhood affiliates, ideologues and their fellow travelers operating in Tennessee, with particular attention paid to CAIR and those that promote its work in our state.
Suggested action steps using civil and factual information:
- write well reasoned, factual based letters to the editor of your local paper exposing CAIR for its ties to HAMAS and its presence and ties to Tennessee’s Muslim Brotherhood
- request that your local reporters ask hard questions. For example, what does it mean that Jamal Badawi was listed in the Muslim Brotherhood phone directory or that no Islamist organization has ever denied the authenticity of the Muslim Brotherhood plan? What about CAIR’s director’s statement that he supports HAMAS?
- The Tennessean paper lists Tom Wilemon, as an investigative reporter. He just attended a national training conference put on by Investigative Reporters and Editors, a nonprofit dedicated to improving the quality of investigative reporting. The Tennessean claims “watchdog reporting” is a high priority for them and “serves the greater Nashville community is by doing impactful investigative journalism.” Contact Tom Wilemon – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- expose CAIR operatives like Paul “Iesa” Galloway
- make sure your state legislators know how the director of ACO is tied to CAIR and who and what CAIR is
- dominate the comments section on any relevant articles in your local paper, blog and facebook posts
- educate your neighbors; have a movie night and show movies like “The Grand Deception” and “Losing Our Sons”
- share information with your local sheriff’s office
- read the posts on this blog about interfaith efforts and the groups involved and educate your clergy
- read politicalislam.com and share with your friends
- the Tennessean newspaper – speak to advertisers; ask them why they use their advertising dollars to support a media outlet that is working with CAIR and other Muslim Brotherhood supporters
Use the information provided in this series. Remaining silent is not an option.
The Muslim Brotherhood was founded for the purpose of rejecting Western civilization and replacing it with global sharia law by restoring the Caliphate.
Tennessee’s Islamists select imams and speakers to reinforce this objective and influence younger Muslims.
Imams educated at Al Ahzar University in Egypt
Al Ahzar University is credited with starting the Islamist movement by training Islamic radicals tied to Muslim Brotherhood and stands for the propagation of Islam and sharia as a complete way of life. Considered the preeminent teaching center of sharia law Al Ahzar authenticated the English translation of “The Reliance of the Traveller, The Classic Manual of Islamic Sacred Law.”
Excerpts from “Reliance of the Traveller” include:
- “the Objectives of Jihad” 8 – … wars against Jews, Christians, and Zoroastrians if they don’t accept the invitation to Islam or they can pay the non-Muslim poll tax (jizya)
- “Giving Zakat to Deserving Recipients” 17 (zakat is Islamic charity)- those fighting for Allah [ie, “volunteers for jihad”]
- “Dealing with a rebellious wife” 12(4)(c) – a husband may hit his wife…
- Mohammed Ahmed, former imam at the Islamic Center of Nashville (ICN). Ahmed told attendees at the June 2011 meeting of the Religion Communicators Councilthat he supported the Egyptian police forced virginity tests performed on female protesters in Tahrir Square. The imam explained: “Why? It’s a very interesting fact that the police giving you a heads up, ‘oh, those people are not virgin’. That’s mean they are not good people”
- Osama Bahloul, imam at the Islamic Center of Murfreesboro (ICM). He has a degree in Dawa (prosletyzing for Islam; his thesis was the establishment of a Dawa curriculum aimed at secularists, atheists, Christians, Jews, and Muslims.) The ICM hosted the Muslim Brotherhood unindicted co-conspirators CAIR Executive Director Nihad Awad and Jamal Badawi.
Imams educated at University of Medinah, Saudi Arabia
University of Medinah in Saudi Arabia is associated with the fundamentalist Salafi branch of Sunni Islam. Salafists want to practice Islam in its most original, purest and “authentic” form without relying on cultural practices or clerical interpretations.
- AbdulRahman ibn Esa Chao, imam at the Islamic Center of Tennessee. Reported to have graduated from the University of Medinah at age 21, the youngest graduate of record. He also studied at the IIASA (Institute of Islamic and Arabic Sciences in America), located in Virginia, funded by Saudi Arabia. The Foundation for Defense of Democracies says, “[IIASA] is the largest source of Saudi hate literature in the Washington area.
- Abdulhakim Mohammed, imam at the ICN from 1999-2007 during which time he helped them set up the private Islamic school the Nashville International Academy. Born in Yemen he spent much of his early childhood in Detroit, Michigan. He spent approximately eight years at the University of Madinah in Saudi Arabia, then returned to Yemen to work managing Islamic schools and other educational programs. Prior to the ICN, he was the imam at the Islamic Center in Ann Arbor and then at the radical Brooklyn Al Farooq mosque, aka, the “al-Qaeda mosque.” This is also the mosque attended by the “blind sheik” who was convicted in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing.
- Yasir Qadhi, resident scholar at the Memphis Islamic Center and Dean of Academic Affairs, al Maghrib Institute. His media company used to sell recordings by al-Qaeda terrorist Anwar Awalaki. al Maghrib students include the Christmas Day bomber and convicted terrorist Daniel Maldonado. Qadhi is an International speaker and Holocaust denier, who says “we are loyal to our countries insofar as it does not interfere with our religion of Islam.” embed videos
Qadhi calls Christians and Jews spiritually “filthy.”
- Rafiq Mahdi, (formerly known as William Henderson), is a black American convert to Islam who after leaving the Nation of Islam trained in Saudi Arabia. He is considered the “unofficial imam of Knoxville” where he helped establish the Annoor Mosque. Prior to Knoxville, he led the Masjid Al-Iman in Florida, described as a “small fundamentalist mosque” which was the spiritual home of the “dirty bomber” Jose Padilla. Padilla had ties to al Qaeda and was convicted of planning a jihad attack in 2002.
Mahdi helped fundraise for the KindHearts Foundation which was shut down under suspicion of raising money for Hamas.
Imams trained at other Saudi institutions
- Abdullah Al Ansar, first imam at the Islamic Center of Tennessee. Graduate of the Muhammad ibn Saud Islamic University in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Has over 14 years of experience in dawa. Prior to ICTN he was the imam at Detroit’s Masjid Al Tawheed whose website (prior to scrubbing) published links to jihadi lectures in the UK. Al Ansari preached the following:
“He [Allah] told us to fight the Jews and Christians. Fight them until they give jizya. They give this protective tax from their hands and they are humiliated and subdued.” (embed video)
- Abdelrahman Murphy, former faculty member at Knoxville private Islamic School Annoor Academy, Youth Leader for Roots program and mentor to MSA at UT Knoxville. He completed the Imam Certificate Program in Makkah, Saudi Arabia. Currently, Murphy runs the youth program at the Islamic Center of Boston, encouraging the young people to “be like Mohammed.”
Examples of speakers brought to Tennessee
- Sayyid Syeed – ISNA (Islamic Society of North America), National Director for Office of Interfaith & Community Alliances. He has also served on CAIR’s Advisory Board, president of MSA of U.S. & Canada, and director of outreach for IIIT, among other positions.
In 2006, he was videotaped saying, “Our job is to change the constitution of America.”
- Jamal Badawi – referred to by name on page 12 of the Muslim Brotherhood plan that was introduced during the Holy Land Foundation prosecution and named in the Muslim Brotherhood directory. As a result of the trial, he was named individually as an unindicted co-conspirator.Badawi was an invited speaker at the ICM.
- Nihad Awad – founding member and Executive Director of CAIR. He publicly announced his support for HAMAS whose charter calls for killing Jews. He visited multiple times at the ICM.
- Dawud Walid – director of CAIR-Michigan brought by Remziya Suleyman, ACO director in 2013 to train Muslim high school students in political activism. He has been with CAIR since 2005 so he was there when CAIR was named an unindicted co-conspirator in the Holy Land Foundation trial in 2007. He downplays the significance of the terrorist jihadis al-Shabaab and tells young audiences that Muslims are being targeted by the FBI. embed video)
- Siraj Wahhaj – preaches that “Islam is better than democracy. Allah will cause his deen [Islam as a complete way of life], Islam to prevail over every kind of system, and you know what? It will happen.” He said, “If only Muslims were clever politically, they could take over the United States and replace its constitutional government with a caliphate.” He has served on the boards of several named Muslim Brotherhood organizations. He refuses to blame Osama bin Laden for 9-11.
- Zaid Shakir – he tells his audiences that he hopes “to see the “day in which America is a Muslim country ruled by Islamic law” and that if Islam rules, “[t]he Christian or the Jew will be a dhimmi [second-class citizen]. They won’t be equal with the Muslim.”
- Shaykh Waleed Basyouni – V.P. of Yasir Qadhi’s al-Maghrib Institute. Basyouni trained in Saudi Arabia and was a student of the late Wahhabi grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia, who had forbidden women to drive. Basyouni spoke and wrote about his admiration for Ibn Jibreen, an admirer of Osama bin Laden. Basyouni is considered “one of the most important leaders of the da’wah (Islamic proselytizing) in the West.” He says that “Muslims are ‘the only people who know God’ and, as such, are uniquely righteous and clearly distinguishable from nonbelievers.