A 2015 poll conducted by the Polling Company for the Center for Security Policy found that 51% of Muslims living in U.S. want sharia law to govern their lives.
The textbook “What Islam Is All About” used at Anoor Academy, the private Islamic school in Knoxville, says that an Islamic society governed by Islamic sharia law is best and that the way for Muslims to “become great again” is by “establishing the power of Islam in the world.”
The certified English translation of codified sharia law is easily accessible in the “Reliance of the Traveller, the Classic Manual of Sacred Islamic Law.” This compilation of sharia law was authenticated by both the Fiqh Council of North America (FCNA)* and Al Ahzar University in Cairo, the preeminent teaching center of sharia law. The book is available from Amazon or can be read on line. A complete PDF is also posted in the Documents tab on this blog.
Al Ahzar University is at the forefront of the Islamist movement by their training o f Islamic radicals tied to the Muslim Brotherhood. It is an established institution known for the propagation of Islam and sharia as a complete way of life. Al Ahzar’s leadership denounces secular Muslims but remains unwilling to renounce ISIS.
Murfreesboro imam, Osama Bahloul was trained at Al Ahzar. Other imams in Tennessee, like Memphis imam Yasir Qadhi were trained in Saudi Arabia where sharia law is strictly enforced.
Political Islamist Paul “Iesa” Galloway, a former CAIR director, and is now Executive Director for AMAC (American Muslim Advisory Council) and ACO (American Center for Outreach), says if you want to know about Islam, ask a Muslim.
TN 4 Political Justice say better yet, use sourced materials from the expert Islamic scholars at Al Ahzar.
Following are excerpts from the Reliance of the Traveller about the Islamic sharia law that Paul “Iesa” Galloway and his Muslim community are supposed to be following.
Tennessee law versus sharia law (ROT citations are to the Reliance of the Traveller)
“All power is inherent in the people and all free governments are founded on their authority”…and they have the right at all times, “to alter, reform or abolish the government…”
ROT, o25.1, o25.5
Obedience will be to the Caliph, “…namely the leader with authority over us.”
Art. 1 Sec. 3 of the Tennessee Constitution
“That all men have a natural and indefeasible right to worship Almighty God according to the dictates of their own conscience..”
“Someone raised among Muslims who denies the obligatoriness of the prayer, zakat, fasting Ramadan, the pilgrimage, or the unlawfulness of wine and adultery [ie, the 5 pillars], or denies something else upon which there is scholarly consensus and which is necessarily known as being of the religion…thereby becomes an unbeliever (kafir) and is executed for his unbelief.”
“Apostasy from Islam. In such a case, it is obligatory for the caliph to ask him to repent and to return to Islam. If he does, it is accepted from him, but if he refuses, he is immediately killed.”
Art. 1 Sec. 4 of the Tennessee Constitution
“That no political or religious test, other than an oath to support the Constitution of the United States and of this state, shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under this state.”
ROT o25.3 The Qualifications of the Caliph
“(d) male (K: to be able to devote himself full-time to the task, and to mix with men, the leadership of a woman being invalid because of the rigorously authenticated hadith,
[a] people that leaves its leadership to a woman will never succeed.”
Tennessee Code Annotated 32-2-104 regarding inheritance
A son and daughter of someone who dies without a will, will share equally in whatever part of the estate is left after the surviving spouse takes their statutory share.
A son and daughter who are siblings “of the same generation as her and of the same strength (N: i.e. both are full or half siblings)… the male receives the portion of two females.”
Tennessee Code Annotated 36-6-101 – divorce and custody of children
Custody of minor children can be to one parent or to both jointly for what is in the “welfare and interest” of the child or children
“A woman has no right to custody (A: of her child from a previous marriage) when she remarries…”
Other rules under sharia law discordant with a free society
“A husband is entitled to discipline his wife for not giving him his rights (def: m5.1).”
“It is obligatory for a woman to let her husband have sex with her immediately when:
(a) he asks her;
(b) at home
(c) and she can physically endure it.
(d) another condition that should be added is that her marriage payment has
been received or deferred to a term not yet expired.
As for when sex with her is not possible, such that having it would entail manifest harm to her, then she is not obliged to comply. If she asks him to wait, she is awaited to a maximum of three days.”
“It is offensive to send one’s children to a day-care center run by non-Muslims. It is unlawful to send Muslim children to Christian schools, or those which are designedly atheist, though it is not unlawful to send them to public schools in which religion is not mentioned (N: in a way that threatens the students’ belief in Islam).”
“The caliph (o25) makes war upon Jews, Christians and Zoroastrians (N: provided that he has first invited them to enter Islam in faith and practice, and if they will not, then invited them to enter the social order of Islam by paying the non-Muslim poll tax (jizya, def:o11.4) which is the significance of their paying it, not the money itself – while remaining in their ancestral religions) (O: and the war continues) until they become Muslim or else pay the non-Muslim poll tax…”
ROT p17.3 -regarding homosexuality
“The Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) said:
(1) ‘Kill the one who sodomizes and the one who lets it be done to him.’
(2) ‘May Allah curse him who does what Lot’s people did.’
(3) ‘Lesbianism by women is adultery between them.”
Sets out certain rules for non-Muslim dhimmis living in a Muslim-majority community. The rules include dressing in a way that distinguishes the non-Muslim from a Muslim, not walking on the same side of the street as a Muslim, not constructing any building higher than the Muslims’ buildings, being forbidden to openly display wine or pork or build new churches.
Memphis imam Yasir Qadhi (around 8:53), says “we are loyal to our countries insofar as it does not interfere with our religion of Islam.”
Sharia law tribunals like the one in Texas claim adjudication by them is “voluntary” but they follow the religion’s requirement to follow sharia law. Leftists, multi-culturalists and Islamist lawyers continue to push for including Islamic sharia family law in the U.S. legal system.
During a 2013 CAIR program Hassan Shibly, Exec. Dir. CAIR-Florida, said that “Muslims have more civil liberties in America than they do in any so-called Muslim countries.”
Finally, an admission about the repressive nature of Islamic Sharia law. So why does CAIR and every other Islamo-centric organization keep telling us that Sharia law is compatible with the U.S. Constitution?
Sharia law cannot be reconciled with Tennessee law. But laws can be changed both formally and informally if we allow it to happen.
*Newsletter #86 has more information about Fiqh Council of North America members who have been arrested, deported and named as unindicted co-conspirators in connection with terrorist activities.
**another helpful source is the Amazon best-seller
The Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society announced that they will drop the word “Hebrew” and go simply by “HIAS.” They are one of the national federal refugee resettlement contractors screaming for Obama to admit at least 200,000 Syrian refugees regardless of valid security and cost concerns. HIAS and the other resettlement industry contractors have criticized Obama’s measly 10,000 Syrians that he has begun bringing to the U.S. This number of 10,000 is on top of the 70,000 plus of the mostly-sharia-compliant refugees from Islamic America-hating countries.
HIAS, like all resettlement businesses whose revenue is overwhelimingly government money, try to camouflage their extreme political leftism using religious organizational labels. They claim a moral superiority because “they save lives.”
The URJ also supports “Free Choice in Abortion.”
The URJ has a political arm called the Religious Action Center (RAC) whose work and policy positions are “mandated” by the URJ and the various arms of the Reform Jewish movement. The Nashville Temple Ohabai Sholom in Nashville, is a Reform Jewish congregation and a member of the URJ, a recipient of URJ grant money, and as the Temple’s rabbi Shana Mackler says, is a proud supporter of Planned Parenthood.
The Temple is led by senior rabbi Mark Schiftan who shares the URJ’s love of Muslim Islamists. URJ’s immediate past president, rabbi Eric Yoffe, was one of the first Jewish leaders to speak at the annual ISNA (Islamic Society of North America) convention. ISNA was founded by members of the Muslim Brotherhood’s first U.S. organization, the Muslim Students Association (MSA). ISNA was also named an unindicted co-conspirator in the Holy Land Foundation (HLF) trial for financing the terrorist group HAMAS. HAMAS, a U.S. designated terrorist organization, the jihadist arm of the Muslim Brotherhood, is dedicated to the destruction of Israel.
Rabbi Schiftan says that Islamists who support the Muslim Brotherhood and HAMAS, are not enemies, just “opponents.” So the Murfreesboro mosque hosting HAMAS supporters like CAIR executive director Nihad Awad and senior Muslim Brotherhood leader and unindicted co-conspirator Jamal Badawi, was not reason enough to keep Schiftan from hauling his congregation to a mosque love-fest. Nor is the fundamentalism of imams trained at Al Ahzar University, the preeminent teaching center of sharia law, enough to keep Schiftan from looking for every public opportunity to validate an ideology focused on destroying Israel.
Yoffe has called John Hagee, an extremist. Hagee is the leader of CUFI (Christians United for Israel), one of Israel’s largest allies and advocates in the U.S. Leftists like Yoffe, and his “Torah of Liberalism” puts support for gays and abortion above sincere and impactful advocacy for the Jewish ancestral homeland.
Abbie Wolf, the Nashville Jewish Federation’s director of the Community Relations Council, shares Yoffe’s pro-Muslim bias and Christianophobia. In advance of a Nashville visit by CUFI’s Executive Director, Wolf published a piece titled “Christian Zionism – do the Concerns Outweigh the Benefits?” She says that the only real value Christian Zionist lovers of Israel bring to the table, is their large voting bloc and their money.
Like Yoffe, Wolf denounces Christian lovers of Israel because they don’t equally love Islamists like HAMAS and other Muslim Brotherhood followers.
Islamist ideology is obsessed with the destruction of Jews and Israel. Do political leftists who actively deny and abet the Islamist plan even deserve to call themselves Jews?
The Muslim Brotherhood was founded for the purpose of rejecting Western civilization and replacing it with global sharia law by restoring the Caliphate.
Tennessee’s Islamists select imams and speakers to reinforce this objective and influence younger Muslims.
Imams educated at Al Ahzar University in Egypt
Al Ahzar University is credited with starting the Islamist movement by training Islamic radicals tied to Muslim Brotherhood and stands for the propagation of Islam and sharia as a complete way of life. Considered the preeminent teaching center of sharia law Al Ahzar authenticated the English translation of “The Reliance of the Traveller, The Classic Manual of Islamic Sacred Law.”
Excerpts from “Reliance of the Traveller” include:
- “the Objectives of Jihad” 8 – … wars against Jews, Christians, and Zoroastrians if they don’t accept the invitation to Islam or they can pay the non-Muslim poll tax (jizya)
- “Giving Zakat to Deserving Recipients” 17 (zakat is Islamic charity)- those fighting for Allah [ie, “volunteers for jihad”]
- “Dealing with a rebellious wife” 12(4)(c) – a husband may hit his wife…
- Mohammed Ahmed, former imam at the Islamic Center of Nashville (ICN). Ahmed told attendees at the June 2011 meeting of the Religion Communicators Councilthat he supported the Egyptian police forced virginity tests performed on female protesters in Tahrir Square. The imam explained: “Why? It’s a very interesting fact that the police giving you a heads up, ‘oh, those people are not virgin’. That’s mean they are not good people”
- Osama Bahloul, imam at the Islamic Center of Murfreesboro (ICM). He has a degree in Dawa (prosletyzing for Islam; his thesis was the establishment of a Dawa curriculum aimed at secularists, atheists, Christians, Jews, and Muslims.) The ICM hosted the Muslim Brotherhood unindicted co-conspirators CAIR Executive Director Nihad Awad and Jamal Badawi.
Imams educated at University of Medinah, Saudi Arabia
University of Medinah in Saudi Arabia is associated with the fundamentalist Salafi branch of Sunni Islam. Salafists want to practice Islam in its most original, purest and “authentic” form without relying on cultural practices or clerical interpretations.
- AbdulRahman ibn Esa Chao, imam at the Islamic Center of Tennessee. Reported to have graduated from the University of Medinah at age 21, the youngest graduate of record. He also studied at the IIASA (Institute of Islamic and Arabic Sciences in America), located in Virginia, funded by Saudi Arabia. The Foundation for Defense of Democracies says, “[IIASA] is the largest source of Saudi hate literature in the Washington area.
- Abdulhakim Mohammed, imam at the ICN from 1999-2007 during which time he helped them set up the private Islamic school the Nashville International Academy. Born in Yemen he spent much of his early childhood in Detroit, Michigan. He spent approximately eight years at the University of Madinah in Saudi Arabia, then returned to Yemen to work managing Islamic schools and other educational programs. Prior to the ICN, he was the imam at the Islamic Center in Ann Arbor and then at the radical Brooklyn Al Farooq mosque, aka, the “al-Qaeda mosque.” This is also the mosque attended by the “blind sheik” who was convicted in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing.
- Yasir Qadhi, resident scholar at the Memphis Islamic Center and Dean of Academic Affairs, al Maghrib Institute. His media company used to sell recordings by al-Qaeda terrorist Anwar Awalaki. al Maghrib students include the Christmas Day bomber and convicted terrorist Daniel Maldonado. Qadhi is an International speaker and Holocaust denier, who says “we are loyal to our countries insofar as it does not interfere with our religion of Islam.” embed videos
Qadhi calls Christians and Jews spiritually “filthy.”
- Rafiq Mahdi, (formerly known as William Henderson), is a black American convert to Islam who after leaving the Nation of Islam trained in Saudi Arabia. He is considered the “unofficial imam of Knoxville” where he helped establish the Annoor Mosque. Prior to Knoxville, he led the Masjid Al-Iman in Florida, described as a “small fundamentalist mosque” which was the spiritual home of the “dirty bomber” Jose Padilla. Padilla had ties to al Qaeda and was convicted of planning a jihad attack in 2002.
Mahdi helped fundraise for the KindHearts Foundation which was shut down under suspicion of raising money for Hamas.
Imams trained at other Saudi institutions
- Abdullah Al Ansar, first imam at the Islamic Center of Tennessee. Graduate of the Muhammad ibn Saud Islamic University in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Has over 14 years of experience in dawa. Prior to ICTN he was the imam at Detroit’s Masjid Al Tawheed whose website (prior to scrubbing) published links to jihadi lectures in the UK. Al Ansari preached the following:
“He [Allah] told us to fight the Jews and Christians. Fight them until they give jizya. They give this protective tax from their hands and they are humiliated and subdued.” (embed video)
- Abdelrahman Murphy, former faculty member at Knoxville private Islamic School Annoor Academy, Youth Leader for Roots program and mentor to MSA at UT Knoxville. He completed the Imam Certificate Program in Makkah, Saudi Arabia. Currently, Murphy runs the youth program at the Islamic Center of Boston, encouraging the young people to “be like Mohammed.”
Examples of speakers brought to Tennessee
- Sayyid Syeed – ISNA (Islamic Society of North America), National Director for Office of Interfaith & Community Alliances. He has also served on CAIR’s Advisory Board, president of MSA of U.S. & Canada, and director of outreach for IIIT, among other positions.
In 2006, he was videotaped saying, “Our job is to change the constitution of America.”
- Jamal Badawi – referred to by name on page 12 of the Muslim Brotherhood plan that was introduced during the Holy Land Foundation prosecution and named in the Muslim Brotherhood directory. As a result of the trial, he was named individually as an unindicted co-conspirator.Badawi was an invited speaker at the ICM.
- Nihad Awad – founding member and Executive Director of CAIR. He publicly announced his support for HAMAS whose charter calls for killing Jews. He visited multiple times at the ICM.
- Dawud Walid – director of CAIR-Michigan brought by Remziya Suleyman, ACO director in 2013 to train Muslim high school students in political activism. He has been with CAIR since 2005 so he was there when CAIR was named an unindicted co-conspirator in the Holy Land Foundation trial in 2007. He downplays the significance of the terrorist jihadis al-Shabaab and tells young audiences that Muslims are being targeted by the FBI. embed video)
- Siraj Wahhaj – preaches that “Islam is better than democracy. Allah will cause his deen [Islam as a complete way of life], Islam to prevail over every kind of system, and you know what? It will happen.” He said, “If only Muslims were clever politically, they could take over the United States and replace its constitutional government with a caliphate.” He has served on the boards of several named Muslim Brotherhood organizations. He refuses to blame Osama bin Laden for 9-11.
- Zaid Shakir – he tells his audiences that he hopes “to see the “day in which America is a Muslim country ruled by Islamic law” and that if Islam rules, “[t]he Christian or the Jew will be a dhimmi [second-class citizen]. They won’t be equal with the Muslim.”
- Shaykh Waleed Basyouni – V.P. of Yasir Qadhi’s al-Maghrib Institute. Basyouni trained in Saudi Arabia and was a student of the late Wahhabi grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia, who had forbidden women to drive. Basyouni spoke and wrote about his admiration for Ibn Jibreen, an admirer of Osama bin Laden. Basyouni is considered “one of the most important leaders of the da’wah (Islamic proselytizing) in the West.” He says that “Muslims are ‘the only people who know God’ and, as such, are uniquely righteous and clearly distinguishable from nonbelievers.
Right under our nose – the Muslim Brotherhood Affiliates and Allies in Tennessee
MSA (Muslim Students Association)
Chapters are listed at the following Tennessee colleges and universities: UT Knoxville, UT Martin, UT Chattanooga, University of Memphis, ETSU, MTSU, TSU, Tennessee Tech, Nashville State, Rhodes College, Vanderbilt, Sewanee and even MLK magnet high school in Nashville.
Should public money be used to fund these Muslim Brotherhood MSAs?
IIIT (International Institute for Islamic Thought)
The IIIT not only seeks to influence higher education, but also teachers and textbooks. They published textbooks written by Susan Douglas, a “principal researcher and writer” for the Council on Islamic Education (CIE) and on the editorial board for ISNA’s publication “Islamic Horizons.”
Douglass is most noted for drafting standards for teaching about religion in public schools; she co-authored the “Teacher’s Guide to Religion in the Public Schools” which has been adopted and published by the Freedom Forum in Nashville. Douglas trains teachers how to teach about Islam using curriculum guides she creates. CIE influences textbooks by helping to write state standards.
CIE is credited with influencing textbook publishers to omit “anything that would enable students to understand conflicts between Islamic fundamentalism and Western liberalism.” In 1992 CIE sponsored an “Islam in textbooks conference” for publishing company representatives and their writers which according to the CIE website reported that this “marked the beginning of a sustained relationship between CIE and K-12 publishers.”
The same funders that helped establish CIE also helped establish CAIR and the Muslim Public Affairs Council (MPAC).
The Muslim Brotherhood affiliates are so embedded in our educational institutions that Dr. Ron Messier, former professor at Vanderbilt University and now MTSU Director of International Outreach, spoke at IIIT in 2011.
His co-panelist Yaqub Mirza was publicly linked to the Palestinian Islamic Jihad and other questionable involvement with al-Qaeda financiers. His other co-panelist, Louay Safi was named an unindicted co-conspirator in the terrorism trial of Palestinian Islamic Jihad’s, just deported, Sami al-Arian.
In 2012, two of IIIT’s leaders posted a picture of themselves at a meeting with then President of Egypt, Mohammed Morsi. The IIIT website (picture now removed) says that Morsi, “welcomed the participation of IIIT in the reform [sic] of higher education in Egypt.”
Examples of Tennessee properties owned by Muslim Brotherhood front groups
Islamic Center of Nashville (ICN)
The warranty deed shows that ICN shares a P.O. Box address with the unindicted co-conspirator ISNA.
Believing that their numbers were sufficient to start impacting the community, the ICN’s March 1998 newsletter tells Nashville’s Muslims that “[t]he time is right for us to reach beyond the boundaries of the Masjid, to the fullest extent possible, and attempt to establish Islamic principles into the society where our children will be raised. We must attempt to influence the future direction of this society….” (emphasis added)
The same newsletter also solicited money for the Holy Land Foundation.
Before leaving the ICN to form another mosque, former CAIR chapter leader Awadh Binhazim was on the ICN board from 1999 – 2007. Binhazim conducted his dawa (proselytizing) through his Olive Tree Education project which promoted on-line writings by al-Qaeda’s Anwar Awlaki. Binhazim worked through the MSA at Tennessee State University (TSU), and served as a self-appointed Muslim chaplain at Vanderbilt University. During his tenure in this position, he publicly admitted that Islamic law mandates capital punishment for homosexuality and that “as a Muslim he does not have a choice of whether to accept or reject what Islam teaches.”
Excerpts from some of Binhazim’s lectures are included in the “Losing Our Sons” documentary.
“Losing Our Sons” documents the radicalization of Memphis native Carlos Bledsoe who attended TSU and the ICN. He converted to Islam, taking the same name as the ICN imam, Abdulhakim Mohammed who is believed to have been mentor. Carlos went to Yemen to supposedly teach English at a school. It was discovered that Carlos attended a Yemeni school. Carlos returned to the U.S. as a jihadi who killed Pvt. Andrew Long at the Little Rock Army Recruiting Center.
Abdulhakim Mohammed was the imam at ICN from 1999-2007. Abdulhakim Mohammed was born in Yemen but spent much of his early childhood in Detroit, Michigan. He spent approximately eight years at the University of Madinah in Saudi Arabia, then returned to Yemen to work managing Islamic schools and other educational programs.
Mohammed was the imam at the Islamic Center in Ann Arbor and later at the radical Brooklyn Al Farooq mosque. Al-Farooq was called the “al-Qaeda mosque” because in the 1980’s and 90’s it served as a conduit for al-Qaeda in Afghanistan. This is also the mosque attended by the “blind sheik” who was convicted in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing. Mohammed helped ICN set up its private Islamic school, the Nashville International Academy.
He left the ICN suddenly in 2007 and went to Texas. After Nashville where for a short time, was the imam at Masjid Al-Hedayah in Ft. Worth, Texas. Right before that he and Awadh Binhazim rejoined their efforts and launched an outreach program “Muslimnama.”
In 2008, Imam Mohammed joined Mohamed Elibiary’s Freedom & Justice Foundation Board. Elibiary has a long and public relationship with the Muslim Brotherhood. He admits having a relationship with an official of the Holy Land Foundation who is now in jail for helping to finance HAMAS. Elibiary also served on the Board of CAIR’s Dallas-Fort Worth chapter.
Paul “Iesa” Galloway also has a close relationship with Elibiary and also served on Elibiary’s board. Galloway arrived in Nashville during the summer of 2014 to take over as Director of Tennessee’s American Center for Outreach (ACO). Galloway was the founder and Executive Director of CAIR’s office in Houston, and still serves on MuslimMatters.org leadership team with Memphis Imam Yasir Qadhi.
The next imam to lead ICN was Mohamed Ahmed, a graduate of the preeminent teaching center of sharia law, Al Azhar University, in Egypt. In 2011 Imam Ahmed gave a lecture in Nashville in which he defended the Egyptian police forced virginity tests performed on the female protesters in Tahrir Square. (starting about minute 37:03)
The ICN’s ad in the January/February 2015 Islamic Horizons (Muslim Brotherhood ISNA’s magazine) indicates that they are still looking for a new imam.
Masjid al-Salam Mosque, aka, The Muslim Society of Memphis
The mosque’s warranty deed shows that the property is owned by NAIT (North American Islamic Trust), another Muslim Brotherhood front group named in the 1991 Muslim Brotherhood memorandum. NAIT is an affiliate of Muslim Brotherhood ISNA. NAIT also owns many other properties in Memphis along with properties surrounding the property that contains the mosque.
“NAIT is reportedly largely funded from overseas, particularly from Saudi Arabia.” NAIT is reported to hold the deeds to well over 25% of the mosques and Islamic centers in the U.S. including the Bridgeview mosque near Chicago. The Chicago Tribune did an expose about how this mosque became dominated by the Muslim Brotherhood, including a prayer leader partially paid for by the Saudi government.
The Masjid Al-Noor (Memphis)
A property also owned by NAIT which houses both the Islamic Association of Greater Memphis and the Muslim Students Association.
The Islamic Center of Murfreesboro (ICM)
Even though the warranty deed of the ICM does not show a Muslim Brotherhood owner, the mosque in words and actions, reflects the Brotherhood’s ideology.
In December 2008, Israel launched “Operation Cast Lead” against HAMAS to stop the increased rocket attacks on Israeli civilians. In downtown Murfreesboro, members from the ICM led by Imam Osama Bahloul, protested the “war on Gaza” in support of the terrorist group HAMAS. Signage used the “Palestine will be free” slogan that reflects the HAMAS and Muslim Brotherhood goal that there would be no Israel between the Jordan River and Mediterranean, that the State of Israel would cease to exist.
Prior to construction of the new mosque, it was discovered that the ICM was using and distributing literature published by Brotherhood front groups and recommending literature written by individuals openly affiliated with the Muslim Brotherhood.
For example, MAS, the Muslim American Society was acknowledged in 2004 by its Secretary-General that MAS had been founded by members of the Muslim Brotherhood. The Institute of Islamic Information and Education is part of ISNA (green brochure). Ahmad Sakr of The Foundation for Islamic Knowledge was a founding member of the MSA, and a Board member of the Muslim Brotherhood’s North American Islamic Trust (NAIT.) He also served as the first director and representative of the Muslim World League (MWL), a group that has reportedly been involved in the funding of Hamas, al-Qaeda and other terrorist outfits.
It was also reported that the mosque’s reading list posted on its now scrubbed website, recommended works by known Muslim Brotherhood leaders including Yusuf al-Qaradawi, Jamal Badawi and Taha Jabir.
At around this same time, research exposed ICM board member Mosaad Rawash’s public support for HAMAS and participation at a MAS (Muslim American Society) summer camp. His now deleted MySpace page (scrubbed for internet archive as well), had a picture honoring HAMAS co-founders Ahmed Yassin, and Abdul Aziz al-Rantissi over a crowd of armed Hamas militants.
After a short suspension, the ICM cleared Rawash and reinstated him to the board.
Since occupying its new building, CAIR director Nihad Awad has been a welcomed visitor and senior Muslim Brotherhood leader, HLF unindicted coconspirator, Jamal Badawi was invited as part of an interfaith program. Badawi is listed in the Explanatory Memo and in the Brotherhood telephone directory also introduced into evidence during the HLF prosecution.
Ossama Bahloul has been the imam since 2008. He is a graduate of Al Azhar University in Cairo, the center for Sunni Salafism. Bahloul has a degree in Dawa (prosletyzing for Islam.) His thesis was the establishment of a Dawa curriculum aimed at secularists, atheists, Christians, Jews, and Muslims. Al Azhar is credited with starting the Islamist movement with training from Islamic radicals and closely tied to Muslim Brotherhood and stands for the propagation of Islam and Sharia as a complete way of life.
Tennessee has a law against bullying in schools because we believe that bullying is bad. So every school district in Tennessee has policies committed to eradicating bullies.
But we tolerate Islamist bullying. These bullies use name-calling like “bigot” or “Islamophobe” whenever anyone raises questions about matters like Muslim Brotherhood networks, Muslim Brotherhood plan, or questions the “Muslim as oppressed victim” narrative.
We also tolerate the way in which mainstream media abets Islamist bullying.
On January 15th the Tennessean newspaper published Paul “Iesa” Galloway’s response to the Paris jihadi murders. Galloway is the new executive director of the American Center for Outreach (ACO) which he says represents the political voice of Muslims in Tennessee.
Galloway’s resume includes running his own public relations firm. He claims an expertise in “rebranding,” aka, professional spin doctor. He founded CAIR-Houston and operated it for four years. He served on Mohamed Elibiary’s Freedom and Justice Foundation board alongside arch Islamist Abdulhakim Mohammed, former imam at the Islamic Center of Nashville (ICN), who was a mentor to Memphis jihadi Carlos Bledsoe.
Galloway’s predecessor at ACO, Remziya Suleyman also used the “Muslim as victim” narrative and Islamophobia as her rallying cry. AMAC (American Muslim Advisory Council) founder and former chair, Daoud Abudiab will try to revive the Islamophobia tactic with his spring 2015 Islamophobia Conference.
“Islamophobia” is name-calling designed to suppress any criticism of Islam and Muslims. It was invented specifically for this purpose by a Muslim Brotherhood front organization, the International Institute for Islamic Thought (IIIT). The IIIT was part of a 5 year terrorism financing investigation for being the largest monetary donor to the Palestinian Islamic Jihad terrorist group and because it has other questionable ties to terrorist groups.
Being a Muslim Brotherhood insider by virtue of his CAIR leadership, Galloway knows the Islamophobia tactic is losing its impact because subsequent to each jihadi attack, the public is less convinced that Muslims are the real victims. The Associated Press eliminated the term “Islamophobia” from its stylebook which is the media “bible” to guide accuracy in reporting. Remember this the next time you pick up a newspaper or read a report.
The Associated Press has also redefined “Islamist” as:
“An advocate or supporter of a political movement that favors reordering government and society in accordance with laws prescribed by Islam. Do not use as a synonym for Islamic fighters, militants, extremists or radicals, who may or may not be Islamists.”
This new definition is supported by CAIR. Why? Because it fits precisely to the short and long-term goals of the Muslim Brotherhood’s plan for the West as written in their 1991 Explanatory Memorandum.
Do You Think Islamists in Tennessee Are Credible?
Galloway is keeping the “Muslim as victim” narrative but emphasizing the “American Muslim” characterization to try and differentiate U.S. Islamists from the rest of the ummah. Suleyman tried that also. However, she wasn’t able to explain how Islamists here are different than the ones in France and England who say they want more, not less sharia in their lives.
Neither Suleyman nor Galloway can explain why Islamists say they want sharia no-go zones like the ones in France. A 2012 poll of U.S. Muslims showed that 40% want to be judged by sharia law over U.S. laws.
And Galloway says he is “frustrated” that Islamist leaders who disavow any and all acts of terrorism isn’t the final word on this issue? And why is this even relevant? After, actions speak louder than words.
Uber liberal Bill Maher doesn’t find Islamists credible either. Nor does he accept liberals who abet Islamist bullying. Islamists like Galloway and CAIR have Muslim Brotherhood DNA and aren’t credible either when challenged about their work to impose sharia law in the U.S.
In Tennessee, Galloway is faced with the same problem Suleyman encountered; they can’t support their political spin with facts because:
- imams being imported to Tennessee to preach at the mosques and minister to Tennessee’s Muslims, have been Islamically educated either in Saudi Arabia or at Al Ahzar University in Egypt. Al Azhar, credited with starting the Islamist movement, is closely tied to the Muslim Brotherhood and stands for the propagation of Islam and sharia law for all the world.
- Muslim advisory councils like Tennessee’s AMAC were conceived with the help and support of Muslim Brotherhood organizations like the IIIT, CAIR and the Muslim American Society (MAS) and have the same goals.
- AMAC founder and Board member and former ACO Civic Engagement Coordinator, Drost Kokoye, routinely demonstrates (here and here), the same anti-Semitic Jew hatred which fuels the Muslim Brotherhood’s Hamas. CAIR’s executive director Nihad Awad, a regular visitor to the Islamic Center of Murfreesboro, has publicly stated his support for Hamas; no surprise since CAIR was started by leaders of the Islamic Association for Palestine, which included Nihad Awad.
- Drost complains publicly about being labeled an American and then her co-worker Suleyman complains about being considered an “other”
- the Muslim Brotherhood front organization the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) says it supports gay rights and then Tennessee Islamist activists Drost and Suleyman publicly mock gay marriage:
- AMAC founder and board member Sabina Mohyuddin praises Muslim Brotherhood organizations for helping American Muslims “stay true to their religious values while being uniquely American.”
- Islamist leaders like Galloway and Daoud Abudiab work to co-opt interfaith dialogue while students at the private Islamic school in Knoxville, Annoor Academy, use a textbook that reinforces negative stereotypes and misinformation about Christians and Jews.
- Imams in Tennessee mosques bring in CAIR and Muslim Brotherhood Islamist speakers like Jamal Badawi and Siraj Wahhaj, who preaches that the U.S. should and will become an Islamic state because “Islam is better than democracy” and refuses to condemn Osama bin Laden for 9/11. And speakers like Zaid Shakir who tells the young Islamists that under sharia law “the kafir [non-Muslims] won’t be equal with the Muslim. The Christian or the Jew will be a dhimmi. They won’t be equal with the Muslim.”
- the European Court of Human Rights held as sharia law that: “a sharia-based regime was incompatible with the fundamental principles of democracy as set forth in the Convention [on human rights]… particularly with regard to its criminal law and criminal procedure, its rules on the legal status of women and the way it intervened in all spheres of private and public life in accordance with religious precepts.”
Tennessee Islamists Galloway, Suleyman, and AMAC representatives claim that the way to counter what they believe is hate speech against Islam and Muslims, is more speech. But when they don’t like what they hear or when their propaganda is exposed, they revert to bullying.
Whether its “American Muslims” or “Muslim Americans” doing the bullying, they still can’t put lipstick on the Islamophobia pig.