For the past three years, Governor Haslam and the rest of the establishment leadership have been trying to pass the “Tennessee Choice & Opportunity Scholarship Act.” The bill provides public money known as vouchers that families can use to pay for private school education.
Students at religious schools are heavy consumers of this public financing in states with school voucher laws.
The Beacon Center, the Tennessee chapter of American Federation for Children, Students First and Americans for Prosperity are some of the privately funded organizations that have lobbied hard to get the school voucher bill passed.
For the third time the legislature has not passed this bill. So, it seems the will of the people is not to use their tax dollars to send children to private schools. Maybe there’s a good reason.
Before Tennessee tries to pass this bill again, it should look at what happened the year after North Carolina passed its school voucher law. In 2014, North Carolina’s Greensboro Islamic Academy (GIA) was the largest consumer of publicly funded school vouchers having received 43 voucher applications.
The following year GIA’s voucher applications quadrupled to 170.
Islamic schools in Tennessee would qualify for school vouchers
Had the school voucher bill passed in Tennessee, Anoor Academy (Knoxville), Pleasant View School (Memphis) and Nashville International Academy (Nashville), would have been eligible to receive voucher money. All three are private Islamic schools. All three are accredited by AdvancED, a regional accrediting organization. Once they are accredited these schools get classified as “Category III” under the Tennessee State Board of Education rules. Category III schools were eligible for vouchers under the proposed school voucher bill.
In 2013, Anoor Academy’s promo video showed a row of the textbook What Islam Is All About. This book denigrates Jews and Christians and teaches that the warlord Muhammed is the perfect example to follow. It also states that “there is no separation of Masjid and state,” that “Muslims dream of establishing the power of Islam in the world,” and that living under sharia law is the preferred state for all humankind.
Children in this private school read the following in this textbook:
p. 382 “…historians of the world recognize that Islamic civilization has been the most tolerant and fair out of all the world’s civilizations.”
p. 188 – “Prophet Ibrahim called all people to Allah’s way of life. The ‘Jews’ don’t call anybody to anything. They subscribe to a belief in racial superiority calling themselves the ‘chosen’ ones and excluding non-Jews as much as possible. Their religion even teaches them to call down curses upon the worship places of non-Jews whenever they pass by them! They arrogantly refer to anyone who is not Jewish as ‘Gentiles,’ equating them with sin.”
“Prophet Ibrahim told people to do good and he forbade the wrong. Many ‘religious’ and ‘non-religious’ Jews and Christians lead such decadent and immoral lives that lying, alcohol, nudity, pornography, racism, foul language, pre-marital sex, homosexuality and everything else are accepted in their society, churches and synagogues. Just turn on the television in any Jewish or Christian community and see what’s ‘normal.’”
Because Pleasant Valley School (PVS) is a private school, there is no way to verify whether they are using the same textbook. That aside, however, educational leadership recruited by the school, all have deep Muslim Brotherhood roots.
In 2010 PVS announced on its website that Dr. Hamed Ghazali had been hired as “the new consultant for PVS’ Islamic Studies, Quaran & Arabic.” Dr. Ghazali serves as Chairman of the Muslim American Society (MAS) Council of Islamic Schools (MASCIS), recognized as Muslim Brotherhood affiliates.
In 2004 MAS’ Secretary-General admitted in court, under oath, that MAS was founded by members of the Muslim Brotherhood. MAS’ own archived website details its associations with the Muslim Students Association, ISNA and NAIT – all named organizations in the Brotherhood’s Explanatory Memo.
On page 12 of the Explanatory Memo it states:
“We have a seed for a ‘comprehensive Dawa educational’ organization: We have the Dawa’ section in ISNA….the center run by brother Hamed Ghazali…”
A Hamed Ghazali is listed individually in the Muslim Brotherhood telephone directory introduced into evidence during the HLF prosecution.
MAS is one of the organizations the UAE included on its terrorist designation because it is connected to the Muslim Brotherhood.
During the joint MAS – ICNA 2012 annual convention, Hamed Ghazali, told the audience in Arabic that “Allah gave us the Jews” as the primary historical and religious example of those who “take the wrong path.” A recent article described him as “taking a moderate approach to Islam.”
On April 8, 2012, PVS announced that Dr. Mohammed Malley was hired to be the new principal. Dr. Malley was the President of his university’s MSA. He later served with the Brotherhood’s, MAS- Austin Chapter.
Dr. Malley was introduced at a PVS fundraiser keynoted by Kifah Mustapha, an active member of the Chicago-area Muslim community. Mustapha was dismissed from serving as the first Muslim chaplain for the Illinois State Police after his ties to the HAMAS-support network were discovered. It was disclosed that he had been a paid employee for the Holy Land Foundation and is listed as an unindicted co-conspirator in the HLF prosecution.
The Nashville International l Academy (NIA), was established by the Islamic Center of Nashville (ICN) whose warranty deed shows a shared address with ISNA (Islamic Society of North America), a Muslim Brotherhood organization and one of the named unindicted co-conspirators in the Holy Land Foundation terrorism financing prosecution.
In 1999, under the guidance of the ICN’s Imam Abdulhakim Mohamed who had served at the radical al-Farooq mosque in Brooklyn, New York, the school was renamed the Nashville International Academy and ICN advertised for a principal with the Muslim Brotherhood’s ISNA organization.
Even though the school did not meet Tennessee’s statutory criteria to be recognized as a school, the State Board of Education approved their application in 2007 for this purpose.
In 2012 the warranty deed for NIA showed the owner as D.B. Client Service, LLC. Devon Bank in Chicago created D.B. Client Service to manage special clients. Devon Bank has been involved with sharia compliant financial products since early 2000. In 2008 it was reported that sharia compliant products made up more than 75% of the bank’s mortgage portfolio.
Devon Bank products receive their Shariah compliant blessing from the Sharia Supervisory Board of America whose Vice-President is Mufti Usmani. Usmani, is a jihadist who has ties to the Taliban and has called for jihad against the West. He is a central leader with the madrassa that produced the Taliban leaders and he has publicly endorsed suicide bombing.
No doubt that students in these schools recite the Al-Fatihah multiple times in the same day. As part of their five daily prayers, they plead not to become like the Christians or the Jews:
“In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful,
All praise and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of all that exists,
the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful,
the Owner of the Day of Recompense.
You we worship, and You we ask for help.
Guide us to the straight path,
The way of those upon whom You have bestowed Your Grace, not (that) of those who
earned your anger (Jews), nor of those who went astray (Christians).”
Who in their right mind would want public money to pay for this???
- 2011 – Commissioner of Safety and Homeland Security Bill Gibbons assigns a staff person to help organize the American Muslim Advisory Council (AMAC) which has ties to the Muslim Brotherhood, but in 2012 denies ever having been involved with the group.
- 2011 – AMAC posts pictures from when they were invited by TNDHS to start training Tennessee safety and homeland security personnel.
- 2011 Gibbons sends a congratulatory letter to AMAC dated months before his denial of his agency’s involvement with them.
- 2012 – Muslim worker threatens to kill kaffirs because she’s ready to die for Allah.
- December 2014 – ISIS related group threatens to blow up Memphis-Arkansas bridge.
- January 2015 – Cyber Caliphate hacks into “secure” Stewart County, TN server.
- May, 2015 – Nashville Douglas Corner Cafe cyber-hacked with “I am Muslim and I love jihad”
- Former CAIR director from Texas, Paul “Iesa” Galloway, is now a registered Tennessee lobbyist operating the American Center for Outreach (ACO), the sister organization of AMAC. That’s the same Muslim Brotherhood CAIR that was named an unindicted co-conspirator in the biggest terrorism financing prosecution for raising money and sending it to support HAMAS, a U.S. designated terrorist organization. Nihad Awad, CAIR National Director, Paul Galloway’s former boss and frequent visitor to the Murfreesboro mosque, publicly says he supports HAMAS.
- CAIR has said that Tennessee is one of the most Islamophobic states in the U.S. so expect them to help support former AMAC chair Daoud Abudiab who is planning an Islamophobia conference in September.
- Hamzah Abdul-Malik joins the private Islamic Pleasant View School in Memphis, a school already connected to Muslim Brotherhood affiliates and individuals. He is one more imam brought to Tennessee trained at places like Al-Azhar University in Egypt. Al-Azhar is credited with starting the Islamist movement with training from Islamic radicals, is closely tied to the Muslim Brotherhood and stands for sharia as a complete way of life and the worldwide domination of Islam. He is close personal friends with super Islamist Zaid Shakir.
- Abdul-Malik is getting ready to open a new “Midtown Mosque” in Memphis. In 2012, he was Chair of Islamic Studies at the Toledo Islamic Academy, a school established by the Masjid Saad, where in 2006, two attendees were arrested on terrorism charges. At the time, the Masjid’s website featured anti-Israel articles and articles supporting the Holy Land Foundation and KindHearts Foundation (incorporated in Toledo) – two Islamic charities shut down by the U.S. government for funding the militant arm of the Muslim Brotherhood, HAMAS.
As to Haslam, he’s too busy promoting Obama’s Common Core, Medicaid Expansion, amnesty for illegal immigrants and keeping his corporate Chamber of Commerce cronies stocked with low-wage refugee sharia-adherent workers, to care about Islamist entrenchment in Tennessee.
Haslam was either willfully or neglectfully blind to the Islamist growth in Knoxville while he was mayor. He defended hiring sharia finance specialist Samar Ali based on “freedom of religion” which just shows how very little he knows or understands about political sharia and the Muslim Brotherhood’s plan.
There are daily reports of Muslim jihadists living in the U.S. who have declared an allegiance to ISIS. The FBI’s Director of Counterterrorism has testified that ISIS suspects can be found in every state including neighboring Georgia and that ISIS is effectively using social media to spread its message and recruitment efforts.
Obama appointed Rashad Hussain as director of the Center for Strategic Counterterrorism Communications. The problem is Hussain, “is a terror-supporting Islamist who says that terrorists need more, not less, of fundamentalist Islam.” Like most Islamists, Hussain is connected to Muslim Brotherhood affiliates, “has defended known terrorists and is aligned with groups that espouse jihad.”
American Muslims or those Haslam welcomes from overseas; all have the same Mohammed, same Quran, same Sira, same Hadith, same Allah….same sharia law.
When will Tennessee’s apologist and appeasing leadership get serious about the jihad threat?
What’s really behind the newly passed charter school bill SB3345/HB3540?
If the Memphis School of Excellence wasn’t being operated by the Cosmos Foundation….
If the Memphis School of Excellence hadn’t been sponsored by the Read Foundation…
If Matt Throckmorton, Director of the Charter School Association had done his due diligence…
If Willie Herenton hadn’t chosen to partner with the Cosmos Foundation on 9 new charter school applications….
If the Cosmos Foundation wasn’t under federal investigation for misuse of public funds and overutilization of the H1B visa program to staff the charter schools it operates….
Then maybe the bill would not have been necessary.
A few as yet unreported facts related to this bill….
No person living overseas has a right to a H1B temporary work visa. A U.S. employer must first recruit and offer a job to a person living overseas who may then apply for the visa.
- Reported by several news outlets in several states that there is a nationwide, federal investigation into charter schools and charter school operators that have high H1B visa utilization
- Cosmos Foundation is a charter school operator that is part of the investigation
- Cosmos has ranked #1 consistently among top 100 secondary school education H1B users using public funds to recruit workers from overseas in favor of bypassing qualified U.S. workers
- Bloomberg Business Week report re: the 200 companies that received most H1B visa approvals in 2007, ranked Cosmos #78 ahead of MIT and Texas Instruments
- H1B visa reports for Secondary School Education sponsors
2001-2009 Cosmos dba Harmony – #1 – 731 visas
Cosmos Foundation – #10 – 117 visas
2009 Cosmos dba Harmony – #1 – 268 visas
Cosmos Foundation – #6 – 88 visas
2011 Cosmos Foundation – #1 – 147 visas
- Examples of positions for which Cosmos recruited overseas and obtained H1B visas:
5 Assistant Principals
ESL Teacher (english as a second language)
- in 2012, a charter school operated by the Sky Foundation in partnership with Cosmos used an H1B visa to fill a “budget analyst” position (were there no U.S. accountants available?)
- The Cosmos Foundation is connected to the following TN charter schools:
o Memphis School of Excellence (MSE, opened 2010)
o Knoxville Charter Academy approved but not open yet
o 9 charter school applications approved by a Memphis/Shelby County committee, submitted by W.E.B. DuBois Consortium
Memphis School of Excellence (MSE) and Cosmos
o READ Foundation is a management company listed in the charter application for MSE
o Cosmos is represented as a “partner organization” in the READ Foundation charter application
o The application describes Cosmos’ role as offering “comprehensive school advisory services to the READ Foundation board and the Memphis School of Excellence”
o The application further states that Cosmos will “advise and provide services when necessary in…. staff hiring and management trainings including recruiting…”
o See also, Commercial Appeal 3/6/2010 and 10/3/11 for references of relationship between MSE and Cosmos
- Co-founder of the Iris Educational Foundation which proposed the Knoxville Charter Academy is also listed as a Director of the READ Foundation which is partnering with Cosmos to operate MSE
Louisiana recently revoked the charter of Abramson charter school and is investigating Kenilworth. Both schools are operated by the Pelican Foundation which has a support contract with Cosmos
Charter schools in Ohio, Indiana and Pennsylvania all being investigated in part because of high H1B visa utilization. The Philadelphia LEA charter office is recommending to the School Reform Commission that Truebright Science Academy charter not be renewed. It is reported that almost 1/3 of the staff at Truebright are working on H1 B visas.
Millenium Education Foundation which operates charter schools in Missouri also partners with Cosmos. In 2009 it was ranked #23 within the top 100 secondary school education users of H1B visas
Sky Foundation which operates the Dove charter schools in Oklahoma also partners with Cosmos. Dove ranked as follows within the top 100 secondary school education users of H1B visas – 2009 – #13; 2010 -#12; 2011 – #10
Charter school operators that partner with Cosmos consistently ranked high in 2011 top 100 secondary school education H1B visa use including – Riverwalk Education Foundation, #3; Sky Foundation, #10; Pelican Education Foundation #12
Wherever Cosmos goes, jobs go overseas.
Why would the Governor or any other steward of PUBLIC FUNDS question a bill that would help keep these jobs in Tennessee?
Other states are closing charter schools connected to this same network – why is Matt Throckmorton backing them?