- 2011 – Commissioner of Safety and Homeland Security Bill Gibbons assigns a staff person to help organize the American Muslim Advisory Council (AMAC) which has ties to the Muslim Brotherhood, but in 2012 denies ever having been involved with the group.
- 2011 – AMAC posts pictures from when they were invited by TNDHS to start training Tennessee safety and homeland security personnel.
- 2011 Gibbons sends a congratulatory letter to AMAC dated months before his denial of his agency’s involvement with them.
- 2012 – Muslim worker threatens to kill kaffirs because she’s ready to die for Allah.
- December 2014 – ISIS related group threatens to blow up Memphis-Arkansas bridge.
- January 2015 – Cyber Caliphate hacks into “secure” Stewart County, TN server.
- May, 2015 – Nashville Douglas Corner Cafe cyber-hacked with “I am Muslim and I love jihad”
- Former CAIR director from Texas, Paul “Iesa” Galloway, is now a registered Tennessee lobbyist operating the American Center for Outreach (ACO), the sister organization of AMAC. That’s the same Muslim Brotherhood CAIR that was named an unindicted co-conspirator in the biggest terrorism financing prosecution for raising money and sending it to support HAMAS, a U.S. designated terrorist organization. Nihad Awad, CAIR National Director, Paul Galloway’s former boss and frequent visitor to the Murfreesboro mosque, publicly says he supports HAMAS.
- CAIR has said that Tennessee is one of the most Islamophobic states in the U.S. so expect them to help support former AMAC chair Daoud Abudiab who is planning an Islamophobia conference in September.
- Hamzah Abdul-Malik joins the private Islamic Pleasant View School in Memphis, a school already connected to Muslim Brotherhood affiliates and individuals. He is one more imam brought to Tennessee trained at places like Al-Azhar University in Egypt. Al-Azhar is credited with starting the Islamist movement with training from Islamic radicals, is closely tied to the Muslim Brotherhood and stands for sharia as a complete way of life and the worldwide domination of Islam. He is close personal friends with super Islamist Zaid Shakir.
- Abdul-Malik is getting ready to open a new “Midtown Mosque” in Memphis. In 2012, he was Chair of Islamic Studies at the Toledo Islamic Academy, a school established by the Masjid Saad, where in 2006, two attendees were arrested on terrorism charges. At the time, the Masjid’s website featured anti-Israel articles and articles supporting the Holy Land Foundation and KindHearts Foundation (incorporated in Toledo) – two Islamic charities shut down by the U.S. government for funding the militant arm of the Muslim Brotherhood, HAMAS.
As to Haslam, he’s too busy promoting Obama’s Common Core, Medicaid Expansion, amnesty for illegal immigrants and keeping his corporate Chamber of Commerce cronies stocked with low-wage refugee sharia-adherent workers, to care about Islamist entrenchment in Tennessee.
Haslam was either willfully or neglectfully blind to the Islamist growth in Knoxville while he was mayor. He defended hiring sharia finance specialist Samar Ali based on “freedom of religion” which just shows how very little he knows or understands about political sharia and the Muslim Brotherhood’s plan.
There are daily reports of Muslim jihadists living in the U.S. who have declared an allegiance to ISIS. The FBI’s Director of Counterterrorism has testified that ISIS suspects can be found in every state including neighboring Georgia and that ISIS is effectively using social media to spread its message and recruitment efforts.
Obama appointed Rashad Hussain as director of the Center for Strategic Counterterrorism Communications. The problem is Hussain, “is a terror-supporting Islamist who says that terrorists need more, not less, of fundamentalist Islam.” Like most Islamists, Hussain is connected to Muslim Brotherhood affiliates, “has defended known terrorists and is aligned with groups that espouse jihad.”
American Muslims or those Haslam welcomes from overseas; all have the same Mohammed, same Quran, same Sira, same Hadith, same Allah….same sharia law.
When will Tennessee’s apologist and appeasing leadership get serious about the jihad threat?
The Muslim Brotherhood was founded for the purpose of rejecting Western civilization and replacing it with global sharia law by restoring the Caliphate.
Tennessee’s Islamists select imams and speakers to reinforce this objective and influence younger Muslims.
Imams educated at Al Ahzar University in Egypt
Al Ahzar University is credited with starting the Islamist movement by training Islamic radicals tied to Muslim Brotherhood and stands for the propagation of Islam and sharia as a complete way of life. Considered the preeminent teaching center of sharia law Al Ahzar authenticated the English translation of “The Reliance of the Traveller, The Classic Manual of Islamic Sacred Law.”
Excerpts from “Reliance of the Traveller” include:
- “the Objectives of Jihad” 8 – … wars against Jews, Christians, and Zoroastrians if they don’t accept the invitation to Islam or they can pay the non-Muslim poll tax (jizya)
- “Giving Zakat to Deserving Recipients” 17 (zakat is Islamic charity)- those fighting for Allah [ie, “volunteers for jihad”]
- “Dealing with a rebellious wife” 12(4)(c) – a husband may hit his wife…
- Mohammed Ahmed, former imam at the Islamic Center of Nashville (ICN). Ahmed told attendees at the June 2011 meeting of the Religion Communicators Councilthat he supported the Egyptian police forced virginity tests performed on female protesters in Tahrir Square. The imam explained: “Why? It’s a very interesting fact that the police giving you a heads up, ‘oh, those people are not virgin’. That’s mean they are not good people”
- Osama Bahloul, imam at the Islamic Center of Murfreesboro (ICM). He has a degree in Dawa (prosletyzing for Islam; his thesis was the establishment of a Dawa curriculum aimed at secularists, atheists, Christians, Jews, and Muslims.) The ICM hosted the Muslim Brotherhood unindicted co-conspirators CAIR Executive Director Nihad Awad and Jamal Badawi.
Imams educated at University of Medinah, Saudi Arabia
University of Medinah in Saudi Arabia is associated with the fundamentalist Salafi branch of Sunni Islam. Salafists want to practice Islam in its most original, purest and “authentic” form without relying on cultural practices or clerical interpretations.
- AbdulRahman ibn Esa Chao, imam at the Islamic Center of Tennessee. Reported to have graduated from the University of Medinah at age 21, the youngest graduate of record. He also studied at the IIASA (Institute of Islamic and Arabic Sciences in America), located in Virginia, funded by Saudi Arabia. The Foundation for Defense of Democracies says, “[IIASA] is the largest source of Saudi hate literature in the Washington area.
- Abdulhakim Mohammed, imam at the ICN from 1999-2007 during which time he helped them set up the private Islamic school the Nashville International Academy. Born in Yemen he spent much of his early childhood in Detroit, Michigan. He spent approximately eight years at the University of Madinah in Saudi Arabia, then returned to Yemen to work managing Islamic schools and other educational programs. Prior to the ICN, he was the imam at the Islamic Center in Ann Arbor and then at the radical Brooklyn Al Farooq mosque, aka, the “al-Qaeda mosque.” This is also the mosque attended by the “blind sheik” who was convicted in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing.
- Yasir Qadhi, resident scholar at the Memphis Islamic Center and Dean of Academic Affairs, al Maghrib Institute. His media company used to sell recordings by al-Qaeda terrorist Anwar Awalaki. al Maghrib students include the Christmas Day bomber and convicted terrorist Daniel Maldonado. Qadhi is an International speaker and Holocaust denier, who says “we are loyal to our countries insofar as it does not interfere with our religion of Islam.” embed videos
Qadhi calls Christians and Jews spiritually “filthy.”
- Rafiq Mahdi, (formerly known as William Henderson), is a black American convert to Islam who after leaving the Nation of Islam trained in Saudi Arabia. He is considered the “unofficial imam of Knoxville” where he helped establish the Annoor Mosque. Prior to Knoxville, he led the Masjid Al-Iman in Florida, described as a “small fundamentalist mosque” which was the spiritual home of the “dirty bomber” Jose Padilla. Padilla had ties to al Qaeda and was convicted of planning a jihad attack in 2002.
Mahdi helped fundraise for the KindHearts Foundation which was shut down under suspicion of raising money for Hamas.
Imams trained at other Saudi institutions
- Abdullah Al Ansar, first imam at the Islamic Center of Tennessee. Graduate of the Muhammad ibn Saud Islamic University in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Has over 14 years of experience in dawa. Prior to ICTN he was the imam at Detroit’s Masjid Al Tawheed whose website (prior to scrubbing) published links to jihadi lectures in the UK. Al Ansari preached the following:
“He [Allah] told us to fight the Jews and Christians. Fight them until they give jizya. They give this protective tax from their hands and they are humiliated and subdued.” (embed video)
- Abdelrahman Murphy, former faculty member at Knoxville private Islamic School Annoor Academy, Youth Leader for Roots program and mentor to MSA at UT Knoxville. He completed the Imam Certificate Program in Makkah, Saudi Arabia. Currently, Murphy runs the youth program at the Islamic Center of Boston, encouraging the young people to “be like Mohammed.”
Examples of speakers brought to Tennessee
- Sayyid Syeed – ISNA (Islamic Society of North America), National Director for Office of Interfaith & Community Alliances. He has also served on CAIR’s Advisory Board, president of MSA of U.S. & Canada, and director of outreach for IIIT, among other positions.
In 2006, he was videotaped saying, “Our job is to change the constitution of America.”
- Jamal Badawi – referred to by name on page 12 of the Muslim Brotherhood plan that was introduced during the Holy Land Foundation prosecution and named in the Muslim Brotherhood directory. As a result of the trial, he was named individually as an unindicted co-conspirator.Badawi was an invited speaker at the ICM.
- Nihad Awad – founding member and Executive Director of CAIR. He publicly announced his support for HAMAS whose charter calls for killing Jews. He visited multiple times at the ICM.
- Dawud Walid – director of CAIR-Michigan brought by Remziya Suleyman, ACO director in 2013 to train Muslim high school students in political activism. He has been with CAIR since 2005 so he was there when CAIR was named an unindicted co-conspirator in the Holy Land Foundation trial in 2007. He downplays the significance of the terrorist jihadis al-Shabaab and tells young audiences that Muslims are being targeted by the FBI. embed video)
- Siraj Wahhaj – preaches that “Islam is better than democracy. Allah will cause his deen [Islam as a complete way of life], Islam to prevail over every kind of system, and you know what? It will happen.” He said, “If only Muslims were clever politically, they could take over the United States and replace its constitutional government with a caliphate.” He has served on the boards of several named Muslim Brotherhood organizations. He refuses to blame Osama bin Laden for 9-11.
- Zaid Shakir – he tells his audiences that he hopes “to see the “day in which America is a Muslim country ruled by Islamic law” and that if Islam rules, “[t]he Christian or the Jew will be a dhimmi [second-class citizen]. They won’t be equal with the Muslim.”
- Shaykh Waleed Basyouni – V.P. of Yasir Qadhi’s al-Maghrib Institute. Basyouni trained in Saudi Arabia and was a student of the late Wahhabi grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia, who had forbidden women to drive. Basyouni spoke and wrote about his admiration for Ibn Jibreen, an admirer of Osama bin Laden. Basyouni is considered “one of the most important leaders of the da’wah (Islamic proselytizing) in the West.” He says that “Muslims are ‘the only people who know God’ and, as such, are uniquely righteous and clearly distinguishable from nonbelievers.
The U.S. Muslim Brotherhood is exposed and documented at trial
The Muslim Brotherhood in the U.S. cannot be understood without reference to the HLF (Holy Land Foundation) terrorism financing prosecution. This trial used the Brotherhood’s own written materials to expose the Brotherhood’s presence, plan and operation in the U.S.
The case was about Islamists using the HLF charity, the largest Islamic charity in the U.S. to raise and sending money to support HAMAS. That is considered providing material support.
Documentary evidence used in the 2007 trial was discovered during an FBI raid of Ismail Elbarasse’s home. He was a board member of the IAP (Islamic Association for Palestine), which was organized in the U.S. by the Brotherhood to support HAMAS. He was arrested when a state trooper saw the passenger in his car (turned out it was his wife), filming Chesapeake Bay Bridge support structures.
Documents and FBI wiretap evidence were introduced at the trial. The wiretap evidence showed that HLF knowingly supported HAMAS by funneling money to “zakat” (Islamic charity) committees in Palestine.
One document, written by Brotherhood leader, Mohamed Akram, was the Muslim Brotherhood plan for the U.S. titled “An Explanatory Memorandum: On the General Strategic Goal for the Group in North America.” This plan had been approved by the highest governing bodies of the U.S. Muslim Brotherhood. When it was introduced into evidence, this plan was stipulated to by the defense, meaning they agreed that the document was what it claimed to be – the Brotherhood’s plan for the U.S.
This particular document also shows how the shadowy and secretive Muslim Brotherhood network operates in the U.S. The plan included named Brotherhood’s affiliated front groups operating in the U.S. The plan states a clear end goal:
“The Ikhwan [Brotherhood] must understand that their work in America is a kind of grand jihad in eliminating and destroying the Western civilization from within and ‘sabotaging’ its miserable house by their hands and the hands of the believers so that it is eliminated and God’s religion is made victorious over all other religions.”
Their words. The plan addresses in detail all aspects of civil society which they planned and are now using in order to “settle” or “enable” Islam and its Movement in North America. It is a stealthy plan intended to insinuate Islamic values and customs in a gradual, yet comprehensive manner to displace our Judeo-Christian foundation.
The plan’s “civilizational jihad” is being implemented through our political processes, interfaith propaganda, dawa (proselytizing Islam) by providing “cultural” presentations, infiltration into government and schools, coopting media, coalition-building, and immigration patterns that will ultimately subvert our freedoms if left unchecked.
Dawa is central to the plan’s success and serves both the political imperative and the religion’s doctrinal command. For this reason you will see any number of Islamist leaders and activists in Tennessee that either have advanced degrees in dawa or tell you that they are actively engaged in dawa or configure their activities as dawa.
In 1995 at a conference hosted by the Muslim Arab Youth Association, a group named in the Muslim Brotherhood’s Explanatory Memorandum, Yusuf al-Qaradawi, the spiritual leader of the Muslim Brotherhood (wanted by Interpol since 2014), said Islam would, “conquer Europe [and] America – not through sword but through Da’wa [proselytizing for Islam].”
(Because of his support for terrorism, al-Qaradawi has been banned from entering the U.S.)
Twenty-nine (29) organizations (see below), were named in the plan that were either created by Brotherhood members or were aligned with the Brotherhood’s goals. Named groups include, the MSA (Muslim Students Association), NAIT (North American Islamic Trust), ISNA (Islamic Society of North America), ICNA (Islamic Circle of North America), and the IAP (Islamic Association of Palestine).
Five HLF executives were convicted for using the Islamic charity to funnel money to Hamas. Also, CAIR, ISNA, NAIT and others were named as unindicted co-conspirators. Obama’s Department of Justice has obstructed more prosecutions.
In 2008, CAIR, ISNA and NAIT tried to have their names removed from the unindicted co-conspirator list and their ties to HAMAS removed from the trial record. Instead, the federal judge confirmed the designations and ruled that the government had introduced extensive evidence tying them to HAMAS:
[t]he government “produced ample evidence to establish the associations of CAIR, ISNA and NAIT with HLF, the Islamic Association for Palestine (IAP), and with HAMAS.”
Despite the convictions and unindicted co-conspirator designations, these organizations, complicit with government leadership at both the federal and state levels, have openly expanded their influence operations across U.S. political, religious and community institutions, including in Tennessee.
Muslim Brotherhood in the U.S. operates through a network of affiliated and supporting organizations
Akram, drafter of the Muslim Brotherhood’s plan noted in the document, that “[t]he heart and the core” of the plan was dependent on establishing organizations of all kinds, “…economic, social, media, scouting, professional and even the military ones. We must say that we are in a country which understands no language other than the language of the organizations, and one which does not respect or give weight to any group without effective, functional and strong organization.”
In 1962 the first national Islamic organization was the MSA which was started by foreign students studying in U.S. colleges who had been Brotherhood members in their own countries. The MSA is named in the Muslim Brotherhood’s Explanatory Memo. Today, there are approximately 600 MSA college chapters. Any number of Islamic terrorists have been members and leaders of their MSAs including, Anwar al-Awlaki (al-Qaeda), Ziyad Khaleel (al-Qaeda’s procurement agent in the US), Abu Mansoor al-Amriki (now spokesman for al-Qaeda in Somalia), Wa’el Hamza Julaidan (co-founder of al-Qaeda).
In Tennessee, many of the Islamist agitators like Kasar Abdullah and Lema Sbenaty have been involved with their campus MSA. Tennessee American Muslim Advisory Council (AMAC) board member Saleh Sbenaty (Lema’s father) was the MSA faculty advisor at MTSU.
These groups bring in Islamist leaders like Zaid Shakir to influence these young people, telling them that,
“If Islam is the basis, the kafir [non-believer] won’t be equal with the Muslim. The Christian or the Jew will be a dhimmi [second-class citizen]. They won’t be equal with the Muslim.”
In “Raising a Jihadi Generation,” John Guandolo, former FBI agent and creator of the FBI’s first Counterterrorism Training/Education Program focused specifically on the Muslim Brotherhood, says that, “[f]rom the MSA nearly every major Islamic organization in North America was formed.”
For example, the Brotherhood works to influence higher education through its front group, the IIIT (International Institute for Islamic Thought) , number 28 on the Explanatory Memo’s list.
Sayyid Syeed was IIIT’s Director of Academic Outreach but now heads ISNA’s Interfaith outreach operations. ISNA is a named unindicted co-conspirator in the HLF prosecution and number one on the Explanatory Memo’s list.
In Tennessee, for example, Rafiq Mahdi, the “unofficial imam” for the Muslim Community of Knoxville, works as the Director of Community Development for ICNA Relief USA, the charity arm of ICNA named in the Muslim Brotherhood’s plan.
The MSA, ISNA, NAIT, ICNA, IIIT, CAIR and others, through words, deeds, and other affiliated organizations, are operating and spreading their influence in Tennessee.
Tennessee has a law against bullying in schools because we believe that bullying is bad. So every school district in Tennessee has policies committed to eradicating bullies.
But we tolerate Islamist bullying. These bullies use name-calling like “bigot” or “Islamophobe” whenever anyone raises questions about matters like Muslim Brotherhood networks, Muslim Brotherhood plan, or questions the “Muslim as oppressed victim” narrative.
We also tolerate the way in which mainstream media abets Islamist bullying.
On January 15th the Tennessean newspaper published Paul “Iesa” Galloway’s response to the Paris jihadi murders. Galloway is the new executive director of the American Center for Outreach (ACO) which he says represents the political voice of Muslims in Tennessee.
Galloway’s resume includes running his own public relations firm. He claims an expertise in “rebranding,” aka, professional spin doctor. He founded CAIR-Houston and operated it for four years. He served on Mohamed Elibiary’s Freedom and Justice Foundation board alongside arch Islamist Abdulhakim Mohammed, former imam at the Islamic Center of Nashville (ICN), who was a mentor to Memphis jihadi Carlos Bledsoe.
Galloway’s predecessor at ACO, Remziya Suleyman also used the “Muslim as victim” narrative and Islamophobia as her rallying cry. AMAC (American Muslim Advisory Council) founder and former chair, Daoud Abudiab will try to revive the Islamophobia tactic with his spring 2015 Islamophobia Conference.
“Islamophobia” is name-calling designed to suppress any criticism of Islam and Muslims. It was invented specifically for this purpose by a Muslim Brotherhood front organization, the International Institute for Islamic Thought (IIIT). The IIIT was part of a 5 year terrorism financing investigation for being the largest monetary donor to the Palestinian Islamic Jihad terrorist group and because it has other questionable ties to terrorist groups.
Being a Muslim Brotherhood insider by virtue of his CAIR leadership, Galloway knows the Islamophobia tactic is losing its impact because subsequent to each jihadi attack, the public is less convinced that Muslims are the real victims. The Associated Press eliminated the term “Islamophobia” from its stylebook which is the media “bible” to guide accuracy in reporting. Remember this the next time you pick up a newspaper or read a report.
The Associated Press has also redefined “Islamist” as:
“An advocate or supporter of a political movement that favors reordering government and society in accordance with laws prescribed by Islam. Do not use as a synonym for Islamic fighters, militants, extremists or radicals, who may or may not be Islamists.”
This new definition is supported by CAIR. Why? Because it fits precisely to the short and long-term goals of the Muslim Brotherhood’s plan for the West as written in their 1991 Explanatory Memorandum.
Do You Think Islamists in Tennessee Are Credible?
Galloway is keeping the “Muslim as victim” narrative but emphasizing the “American Muslim” characterization to try and differentiate U.S. Islamists from the rest of the ummah. Suleyman tried that also. However, she wasn’t able to explain how Islamists here are different than the ones in France and England who say they want more, not less sharia in their lives.
Neither Suleyman nor Galloway can explain why Islamists say they want sharia no-go zones like the ones in France. A 2012 poll of U.S. Muslims showed that 40% want to be judged by sharia law over U.S. laws.
And Galloway says he is “frustrated” that Islamist leaders who disavow any and all acts of terrorism isn’t the final word on this issue? And why is this even relevant? After, actions speak louder than words.
Uber liberal Bill Maher doesn’t find Islamists credible either. Nor does he accept liberals who abet Islamist bullying. Islamists like Galloway and CAIR have Muslim Brotherhood DNA and aren’t credible either when challenged about their work to impose sharia law in the U.S.
In Tennessee, Galloway is faced with the same problem Suleyman encountered; they can’t support their political spin with facts because:
- imams being imported to Tennessee to preach at the mosques and minister to Tennessee’s Muslims, have been Islamically educated either in Saudi Arabia or at Al Ahzar University in Egypt. Al Azhar, credited with starting the Islamist movement, is closely tied to the Muslim Brotherhood and stands for the propagation of Islam and sharia law for all the world.
- Muslim advisory councils like Tennessee’s AMAC were conceived with the help and support of Muslim Brotherhood organizations like the IIIT, CAIR and the Muslim American Society (MAS) and have the same goals.
- AMAC founder and Board member and former ACO Civic Engagement Coordinator, Drost Kokoye, routinely demonstrates (here and here), the same anti-Semitic Jew hatred which fuels the Muslim Brotherhood’s Hamas. CAIR’s executive director Nihad Awad, a regular visitor to the Islamic Center of Murfreesboro, has publicly stated his support for Hamas; no surprise since CAIR was started by leaders of the Islamic Association for Palestine, which included Nihad Awad.
- Drost complains publicly about being labeled an American and then her co-worker Suleyman complains about being considered an “other”
- the Muslim Brotherhood front organization the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) says it supports gay rights and then Tennessee Islamist activists Drost and Suleyman publicly mock gay marriage:
- AMAC founder and board member Sabina Mohyuddin praises Muslim Brotherhood organizations for helping American Muslims “stay true to their religious values while being uniquely American.”
- Islamist leaders like Galloway and Daoud Abudiab work to co-opt interfaith dialogue while students at the private Islamic school in Knoxville, Annoor Academy, use a textbook that reinforces negative stereotypes and misinformation about Christians and Jews.
- Imams in Tennessee mosques bring in CAIR and Muslim Brotherhood Islamist speakers like Jamal Badawi and Siraj Wahhaj, who preaches that the U.S. should and will become an Islamic state because “Islam is better than democracy” and refuses to condemn Osama bin Laden for 9/11. And speakers like Zaid Shakir who tells the young Islamists that under sharia law “the kafir [non-Muslims] won’t be equal with the Muslim. The Christian or the Jew will be a dhimmi. They won’t be equal with the Muslim.”
- the European Court of Human Rights held as sharia law that: “a sharia-based regime was incompatible with the fundamental principles of democracy as set forth in the Convention [on human rights]… particularly with regard to its criminal law and criminal procedure, its rules on the legal status of women and the way it intervened in all spheres of private and public life in accordance with religious precepts.”
Tennessee Islamists Galloway, Suleyman, and AMAC representatives claim that the way to counter what they believe is hate speech against Islam and Muslims, is more speech. But when they don’t like what they hear or when their propaganda is exposed, they revert to bullying.
Whether its “American Muslims” or “Muslim Americans” doing the bullying, they still can’t put lipstick on the Islamophobia pig.
This past September, Hamas-linked-CAIR (Council on American Islamic Relations) hosted self-styled “human rights activists” to speak at the University of Arizona. Gay-mocking Remziya Suleyman from Tennessee and Hizballah-legitimizing Hassan Shibly (CAIR-Tampa) were among the speakers:
Ms. Suleyman told her same old embellished story of how she organized all the Muslims in Tennessee to beat back alleged anti-sharia legislation. Bet she didn’t bother to tell her audience that it was actually an anti-terrorism/material support bill based on the killings perpetrated by Muslim convert Carlos Bledsoe.
Bet she also didn’t bother to explain to her audience that she is the one who equated anti-terrorism and material support with being sharia!
Bet she also didn’t tell her audience that before she started her pro-sharia campaign she admitted that “she never knew the concept of sharia…” In fact, she continues to remind us how little she knows about her own doctrine as she continues to promote the idea that anything violent or negative associated with Muslims and Islam is simply “culture” because it is not taught in the Quran. So how about those verses in the Quran that make wife beating sacred?
She could have gotten the low-down on this from Murfreesboro mosque Muslim Brotherhood speaker, Jamal Badawi who says it’s OK as long as it’s never on the face.
Surely Suleyman knows that Muslims could not practice their Islam without the Hadith and Sira. After all, isn’t Mohammed the example that all Muslims are supposed to emulate? Does she ignore the Hadith because that’s where it tells her that women have to sit in the back of the mosque?
Is that like being forced to sit at the back of the bus?
CAIR Arizona conference...
Hassan Shibly said, that “Muslims have more civil liberties in America than they do in any ‘so-called Muslim countries.’”
Is that because Muslims living in America don’t actually know their doctrine? Or could it be because countries like Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia and Iran have constitutions norm-referenced to sharia law? Maybe Shibly was thinking about the shara-centric Cairo Declaration of Human Rights and not the Universal Declaration of Human Rights that the U.S. signed onto.
Or is Shibly simply being disingenuous about his doctrine in pursuit of the political objectives he and his organization CAIR are pursuing?
Then why are these Islamic sharia-adherent “civil rights activists” trying to impose the same sharia driven oppression that the “so-called Muslim countries” suffer under? They say that their fight for Muslim’s religious freedom is no different than when blacks fought for their civil rights. One big difference though is that the rights Suleyman and Shibly claim they are fighting for will ultimately take away rights from everyone else.
Imam Zaid Shakir, an adviser and regular speaker at CAIR events is also a repeat visitor to Nashville. Last year, Imam Mohamed Ahmed from the Muslim Brotherhood owned Islamic Center of Nashville invited Shakir to speak to the students.
One point Shakir reminds his listeners about is that under Islamic law “the kafir won’t be equal with the Muslim. The Christian or the Jew will be a dhimmi. They won’t be equal with the Muslim.” He was quoted in the New York Times as saying that “he still hoped that one day the United States would be a Muslim country ruled by Islamic law.”
Religious freedom in the U.S. is based on the freedom to believe or not to believe, to practice one’s religion or not. And to peacefully coexist. Memphis Imam Yasir Qadhi who helped Suleyman launch her organization calls Christians filthy.
Suleyman should also go back and listen to her colleague Sabina Mohyuddin refer to the Fiqh Council of North America (FCNA) as one of the “…organizations that help American Muslims stay true to their religious values while being uniquely American.” Along with Al-Ahazar University, FCNA was one of the organizations that authenticated the English translation of the “Reliance of the Traveller, The Classic Manual of Islamic Sacred Law.”
Newsletter #86 provides several examples found in this book and also details some of the FCNA members that have been arrested, deported and named as unindicted co-conspirators in connection with terrorist activities. All are connected in some manner to the Muslim Brotherhood.
The “religious freedom” being pedaled by CAIR promoters Suleyman and Shibly goes something like this:
Kosher for Jews means they don’t eat pork; halal for us means no one eats pork.
Real civil rights activists should be appalled.
Watch Knoxville Anoor Academy’s 2013 promo video carefully and at minute 1:04 you see a row of textbooks which are Yahiya Emerick’s What Islam Is All About. As noted in Newsletter #43 this text is being used in any number of Islamic private and weekend schools around the U.S.. According to Emerick, this book was written in standard English to teach Muslim children living in the U.S. about Islam.
Since the textbook is being used at Anoor Academy, what is the likelihood that it is also being used at the Nashville International Academy Islamic School and the Pleasant View School in Memphis?
Below are just a few examples from this textbook and note, nothing is taken out of context. The book generally reinforces Islam as a supremacist ideology and dovetails well with the anti-Christian/Jewish prayer Al-Fatihah recited by Muslims several times a day. This is discussed more fully in Newsletter #48.
Cited pages can be found under the “Documents” tab on the blog.
p. 187 – I. Who Follows Ibrahim’s Example?
“So, although the Christians and Jews may make a big noise about following Prophet Ibrahim, in fact, neither of them do. Prophet Ibrahim fulfilled Allah’s commands, the Jews don’t even follow half of what their corrupted books say. The Christians don’t follow anything except what their philosophers and priests make up from time to time.”
p. 188 – “Prophet Ibrahim called all people to Allah’s way of life. The ‘Jews’ don’t call anybody to anything. They subscribe to a belief in racial superiority calling themselves the ‘chosen’ ones and excluding non-Jews as much as possible. Their religion even teaches them to call down curses upon the worship places of non-Jews whenever they pass by them! They arrogantly refer to anyone who is not Jewish as ‘Gentiles,’ equating them with sin.”
“Prophet Ibrahim told people to do good and he forbade the wrong. Many ‘religious’ and ‘non-religious’ Jews and Christians lead such decadent and immoral lives that lying, alcohol, nudity, pronography, racism, foul language, pre-marital sex, homosexuality and everything else are accepted in their society, churches and synagogues. Just turn on the television in any Jewish or Christian community and see what’s ‘normal.’”
p.212 – “What was the mission of Bani Isra’il? To call surrounding nations to the worship of Allah and to be an example to others. Did they fulfill this responsibility? Unfortunately, no.”
“In about the year 900 BCE, They started calling themselves, Jews after one of their kingdoms which was called Judah.
Today, the Jews claim to follow the legacy of the Prophet Musa, but they fall far short of his example. They claim they are Allah’s chosen people but then refuse to give the message to others. ‘They claim, Everything will be forgiven for us.’
They follow laws and practices that no Prophet or Messenger ever taught. They earned the wrath of Allah for their disobedience and as Allah said: there will be enemies who will attack them until the Day of Judgment unless they repent and return to the path.
Nothing of Prophet Musa’s original message survives today. Only a few of the descendants of Bani Isra’il have remained pure and in search of the truth.. Those who are fortunate, discover Islam and study it with an open heart. Then they become our Muslim brothers and sisters. Only then do they follow in the footsteps of the Blessed Prophet Musa.”
p. 223 – “Many societies have placed a smaller value on the participation of women in spiritual life. The descendants of the Bani Isra’il, who we know as the Jews, also have such feelings. They even have a prayer in which a man thanks God for not making him a woman!”
p.366 – “Allah says in this ayah not to take non-Muslims as protectors. Only fellow Muslims you can rely on should have authority or power over you. Because in the end, a non-Muslim who knows you, and who doesn’t accept Islam, is a rebel against Allah’s way of life and will harm you in the end or try to make you like him or her.”
p. 377 – “Muslims dream of establishing the power of Islam in the world. Muslims of all types and backgrounds agree that the Islamic system is the best for humanity in this life.
p.381 – “The way of life known as Islam is a complete code of life. It was revealed by the Creator of the Universe as a guide for people to live their lives thereby.
This being the case, Islam provides answers for individuals, families as well as societies and governments. There is no separation of Masjid and state for the object of the Islamic state is the establishment of the Deen of Allah.
By contrast, the object of Christian countries is the dominance of their nations over others and the gathering of riches (‘Survival of the fittest’ and ‘MIght makes right’ are their mottoes.”)
Muslims know that Allah is the Supreme Being in the universe, therefore, His laws and commandments must form the basis for all human affairs. If we didn’t follow Allah’s commandments, but then still called ourselves Muslims, we would be hypocrites like the Christians, Buddhists and Jews are today.”
“The basis of the legal and political system is the Shari’ah of Allah. Its main sources are the Qur’an and Sunnah. People do not make the laws, Allah does.”
p.382 – “Non-Muslims (who are called Dhimmis when living in an Islamic state) who are loyal citizens of the country and pay their taxes (Jizyah) have equal rights with Muslims and have the right to practice their religion as they see fit. No one can be persecuted and no one will be forced to change their beliefs.
In fact, the historians of the world recognize that Islamic civilization has been the most tolerant and fair out of all the world’s civilizations.”
So when Sheikh Yasir Qadhi in Memphis asserts that Christians and Jews are spiritually “filthy” and Hamas-CAIR Director Dawud Walid tells his audience that the Jews incurred the wrath of Allah, they are simply reinforcing what young Islamists are being taught in Islamist schools.
And why should anyone be surprised that American Center for Outreach (ACO) Director Remziya Suleyman endorses these men, these schools and the supremacist doctrine taught to budding Islamists?
And don’t forget that repeat visitor to Nashville, Zaid Shakir, tells students “If Islam is the basis, the kafir [non-believer] won’t be equal with the Muslim. The Christian or the Jew will be a dhimmi [second-class citizen]. They won’t be equal with the Muslim.”
Perhaps this textbook could be the topic of Rabbi Schiftan’s next “honest dialogue” with Imam Bahloul a the Islamic Center of Murfreesboro. And to all the other Rabbis, Pastors, Ministers, and religious school instructors, consider that these are the same students that participate in the “Sons and Daughters of Abraham.”
The ad for the upcoming “Stronger Together” program lists respected, long-standing Nashville private schools Harding Academy and Montgomery Bell Academy as publicity partners. Montgomery Bell is also hosting the event on its campus.
The Jewish Federation’s Community Relations Council (CRC) is the event organizer. Newsletter #92 questioned whether the CRC’s director, Abbie Wolf was aware of panelist Remziya Suleyman’s close association with and activism on behalf of, the Muslim Brotherhood’s off-shoot CAIR (Council on American Islamic Relations ) and its ties to Hamas.
If Ms. Wolf wasn’t aware of Suleyman’s ties to CAIR, someone needs to let her know. Or at least tell her about the Brotherhood motto:
“Allah is our objective. The Prophet is our leader. The Quran is our law. Jihad is our way. Dying in the way of Allah is our highest hope.”
However, Wolf’s boss, Mark Freedman, Executive Director of the Nashville Jewish Federation probably does know Suleyman. Turns out they were in the same Leadership Nashville class last year so they probably had more than a passing acquaintance.
So, was concealing Suleyman’s “other” activities deliberate or accidental? Either way, original source documentation shows her close association with and promotion of Hamas tied CAIR.
This issue aside, it is surprising that Nashville’s elite private schools are allowing the Jewish Federation’s CRC to draw them into a very messy politically – driven agenda with ties to terrorism. Are these schools aware that the CRC is implementing a resolution to reach out specifically to Islamist organizations?
It was reported that the resolution was inspired by leadership of the Union for Reform Judaism who chose to buddy up with another Muslim Brotherhood off-shoot, the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA).
ISNA is listed in the 1991 Muslim Brotherhood strategic plan for North America and was also a named unindicted co-conspirator in the Holy Land Foundation terror financing prosecution.
In Nashville, the Federation’s CRC members are at the helm of the Family of Abraham events, having hosted ISNA’s Muslim Brotherhood member Sayeed Sayyid. So the Federation is busy building bridges with the Muslim Brotherhood while other Political Islamists in Nashville are hosting speakers like Dawud Walid, Sirraj Wahhaj and Zaid Shakir who remind the Muslim youth of the supremacy of Islam.
Zaid Shakir says: “If Islam is the basis, the kafir [non-believer] won’t be equal with the Muslim. The Christian or the Jew will be a dhimmi [second-class citizen]. They won’t be equal with the Muslim.”
Dawud Walid says: “Who incurred the wrath of Allah? They are the Jews. They are the Jews.”
Sirraj Wahhaj says: “Islam is better than democracy.”
Remziya Suleyman: thumbs up to Nation of Islam:
Do Nashville’s most reputable and exclusive private schools want to stand and partner with Muslim Brotherhood terrorist groups? And be “Stronger” with them? Have they been duped into this event, and if so, why? And why do the Federation and various Christian sects want to align themselves with and serve an Islamist master who deems them apes and pigs behind their backs?