As a Vanderbilt Ingram Scholar, Hytham Al-Hindi, gets his tuition fully paid for his undergraduate degree.
In exchange for the $160,000 plus in free education, Vanderbilt gets its own Jew-hating, HAMAS- connected Students for Justice in Palestine (SJP) student organization, started by Al-Hindi.
Who is Hytham Al-Hindi and what are his motives to align with SJP?
Hytham Al-Hindi is from Jonesboro, Arkansas. His father, Dr. Ahmad Al-Hindi is a cardiologist who graduated from Jordan University of Science & Technology in northern Jordan, the country presumed to be where Dr. Al-Hindi immigrated from to the U.S.
In 2008, about 3.5 million people in Jordan were believed to be of Palestinian ancestry. Is Dr. Al-Hindi’s ancestry Palestinian? Does Dr. Al-Hindi have ties to the Muslim Brotherhood in Jordan? Is he an anti-Israel sympathizer? Does he have political views that may have influenced his son?
Hytham Al-Hindi’s Ingram Scholars bio documents his high engagement with the immigrant and refugee populations in Nashville. He volunteers with the refugee resettlement agency NICE (Nashville International Center for Empowerment), that was started by a former refugee turned government contractor “entrepeneur.” (Remember this when the propagandists tell you how great it is that refugees come and start businesses.)
Hytham’s facebook page looks like the who’s who of Muslim Brotherhood organizations. His listed “favorites” include:
- Vanderbilt and UTK’s Muslim Students Association
- Islamic Center of Nashville (ICN) which was the mosque for al-Qaeda imam Abdulhakim Mohammed
- American Center for Outreach (ACO) run by former Muslim Brotherhood CAIR director Paul Galloway
- Hamza Yusuf who describes Judaism as the most racist religion
- Tariq Ramadan (grandson of Muslim Brotherhood founder Hassan al-Banna)
- Suhaib Webb – vocal Jew hater
Since he has started an SJP chapter at Vanderbilt, it’s no surprise that he also lists as “favorites” some of the most aggressive and virulent leftist anti-Israel and Jew-hating individuals and organizations that promote the BDS (boycott, divestment and sanctions movement against Israel). After all, demonization and delegitimization of Israel along with promoting BDS is the core belief of SJP:
- Angela Davis – former Black Panther party member and Communist
- Noam Chomsky – “America is worse than Nazi Germany”
- Rachel Corrie Foundation
- Jewish Voice for Peace – listed by the Anti-Defamation League as one of the top 10 anti-Israel groups in the U.S. and an aggressive promoter of BDS
- SJP Loyola
- Loyola Divest
- NU Divest (Northwestern University Divest) – in February, its student government passed a divest Israel resolution by two votes
The end goal of the BDS campaign is to eliminate the State of Israel since its existence is hateful to Islam. When pro-BDS and pro-Hamas agitators chant “from the river to the sea Palestine will be free” they are saying that their vision is that there will be no Israel between the Jordan River and Mediterranean—and no Jews – it’s Judenrein.
SJP emulates the language and values of HAMAS. For this reason and because of the extreme anti-Israel and anti-Jewish hatred displayed by the chapter members, SJP is more accurately labeled “Hamas on Campus.”
SJP chapters on college campuses sponsor events like “Israel Apartheid Week,” disrupt pro-Israel events, and are the primary agitators pushing anti-Israel BDS resolutions introduced to student governments. SJP chapters have created hostile and intimidating campus environments for Jewish students. SJP prides itself on bringing conflict and divisiveness to college campuses along with using a well-financed disinformation campaign that spreads their hatred towards Jews and Israel.
Vanderbilt inviting Jew hatred?
Vanderbilt actively recruits international students. The university is promoted by CampusExplorer as a desirable school for students from the Middle East. The 2014 “Open Doors on International Education Exchange” report says that of the over 690,000 international students enrolled in four year U.S. colleges and graduate programs, almost 34,000 came from the Middle East:
43% – Qatar, 36% – UAE, 34% – Iran, 25% – Saudi Arabia, 20% – Kuwait.
They are all Muslim majority countries, some of which promote hatred of Jews and Israel. Yusuf al-Qaradawi, the Muslim Brotherhood spiritual leader who supports Palestinian suicide bombings, is based in Qatar. Saudi Arabia follows the strictest form of sharia law which prohibits Jews from being citizens. Iran is supplying Hezbollah operatives with weapons so they can attack Israelis and Jews in Europe.
So, what ideology do these students bring with them? Do they gravitate more to student groups like the MSA, SJP and the Middle Eastern Students Association? Homegrown in Waverly, Tennessee, Samar Ali co-founded the Middle Eastern Students Association at Vanderbilt because as she said, “I will always be Arab and I will always be American and I will always be Muslim….My parents always taught us to never forget where we came from and to never forget where we are now.”
What will be Vanderbilt’s response?
SJP’s co-founder, Hatem Bazian came as a college student to the U.S. from the Hamas stronghold of Nablus in the West Bank. He brought his Islamic Jew-hatred with him and created the SJP campus hate group. Across U.S. campuses, SJP’s chapters activities and actions, along with the group’s DNA as pictured below, make the group ineligible for chartering as a campus student organization.
Equally relevant for Vanderbilt and every campus that has an SJP chapter is whether a group tied to HAMAS, a U.S. designated terrorist organization, can be chartered under any school’s rules for student organizations. Can public money be allowed to flow to these groups? Should private money be permitted to enable these groups?
In true leftist-progressive fashion, Vanderbilt made Christian campus groups unwelcome by enforcing the zero tolerance all-comers’ policy. If Vanderbilt enables SJP on its campus, will Jews at Vanderbilt be the next group to have to leave?
Nashville will elect its next mayor in August with early voting starting on July 17th.
The fictional non-partisan mayor’s race has become a contest of “who can top this promise” for enhancing the lives of sharia adherents and illegal aliens living in Nashville.
Candidate Bill Freeman is reminding Latino voters (legal and illegal?) that his $100,000 donation to Conexion America was the single largest bribe for Latino allegiance. Freeman also reminds the black community that he is a major donor to Tennessee State University and has the support of black state and local elected officials.
Freeman says he is the man for everybody except of course for those that helped make him rich enough to try and buy his way into office.
He boasts that his picture with Obama shows “he’s the only candidate in the race who has connections from the courthouse all the way to the White House.” Does that mean back-room deals instead of transparency in city government business?
Freeman and the other six mayoral candidates promise to bring Obama’s radical Marxist agenda to continue Mayor Karl Dean’s transforming Nashville into a sanctuary city for illegal immigrants and expand the sharia enclaves which Mayor Dean proudly celebrates. All mayoral candidates promise a municipal ID card program, which in effect, gives illegal lawbreakers the same rights as a citizen of Tennessee.
Mayoral candidate Charles Bone, a licensed attorney, said he would defend a lawsuit against the ID card program. He probably knows that several years ago, Tennessee’s state legislature passed a law that would prohibit cities from establishing programs like municipal ID cards.
Freeman should excel at making Nashville a sanctuary city; he hired NYC Mayor Bill DeBlasio’s former campaign manager. DeBlasio launched a municipal ID card program that gives IDs to illegal aliens so that they will have a “document” and take advantage of city services.
DeBlasio had to add another $5 million to the original $8.4 million to pay for his program. This ID program means that New York citizens will have to pay for the increase in services for people who aren’t New York citizens – legals paying the way for illegals.
Will Bill Freeman use his $2 million dollar plus annual income to help pay for his leftist agenda?
Shouldn’t a Welcoming City Be Fair to Everyone?
The mayoral candidates all say Nashville should be a welcoming city to the 33,000 plus illegal aliens living there. In fact, the candidates all say they want to do more for non-English speaking students. Why? Their parents have all broken the law by being here, so why should we reward them?
The U.S. Department of Education (DOE) told school districts that they could take money earmarked for disadvantaged U.S. citizens’ children and use it instead to teach English to illegal immigrant children – or maybe buy them the computers and ipads Metro thinks they should have. DOE doesn’t say how Metro will pay for this “welcoming.”
And, does the Nashville NAACP think the historically black North Nashville schools and students are getting their fair share? What do they think about taking public money for use by illegal immigrant students?
If the Nashville mayoral candidates really wanted a welcoming city, they would end all forms of discrimination, especially discrimination toward all lawbreakers. It simply isn’t just that someone who breaks the immigration laws can be protected by city government, but someone who gets a speeding ticket or a parking ticket, is penalized.
Do our mayoral candidates think this is fair?
- 2011 – Commissioner of Safety and Homeland Security Bill Gibbons assigns a staff person to help organize the American Muslim Advisory Council (AMAC) which has ties to the Muslim Brotherhood, but in 2012 denies ever having been involved with the group.
- 2011 – AMAC posts pictures from when they were invited by TNDHS to start training Tennessee safety and homeland security personnel.
- 2011 Gibbons sends a congratulatory letter to AMAC dated months before his denial of his agency’s involvement with them.
- 2012 – Muslim worker threatens to kill kaffirs because she’s ready to die for Allah.
- December 2014 – ISIS related group threatens to blow up Memphis-Arkansas bridge.
- January 2015 – Cyber Caliphate hacks into “secure” Stewart County, TN server.
- May, 2015 – Nashville Douglas Corner Cafe cyber-hacked with “I am Muslim and I love jihad”
- Former CAIR director from Texas, Paul “Iesa” Galloway, is now a registered Tennessee lobbyist operating the American Center for Outreach (ACO), the sister organization of AMAC. That’s the same Muslim Brotherhood CAIR that was named an unindicted co-conspirator in the biggest terrorism financing prosecution for raising money and sending it to support HAMAS, a U.S. designated terrorist organization. Nihad Awad, CAIR National Director, Paul Galloway’s former boss and frequent visitor to the Murfreesboro mosque, publicly says he supports HAMAS.
- CAIR has said that Tennessee is one of the most Islamophobic states in the U.S. so expect them to help support former AMAC chair Daoud Abudiab who is planning an Islamophobia conference in September.
- Hamzah Abdul-Malik joins the private Islamic Pleasant View School in Memphis, a school already connected to Muslim Brotherhood affiliates and individuals. He is one more imam brought to Tennessee trained at places like Al-Azhar University in Egypt. Al-Azhar is credited with starting the Islamist movement with training from Islamic radicals, is closely tied to the Muslim Brotherhood and stands for sharia as a complete way of life and the worldwide domination of Islam. He is close personal friends with super Islamist Zaid Shakir.
- Abdul-Malik is getting ready to open a new “Midtown Mosque” in Memphis. In 2012, he was Chair of Islamic Studies at the Toledo Islamic Academy, a school established by the Masjid Saad, where in 2006, two attendees were arrested on terrorism charges. At the time, the Masjid’s website featured anti-Israel articles and articles supporting the Holy Land Foundation and KindHearts Foundation (incorporated in Toledo) – two Islamic charities shut down by the U.S. government for funding the militant arm of the Muslim Brotherhood, HAMAS.
As to Haslam, he’s too busy promoting Obama’s Common Core, Medicaid Expansion, amnesty for illegal immigrants and keeping his corporate Chamber of Commerce cronies stocked with low-wage refugee sharia-adherent workers, to care about Islamist entrenchment in Tennessee.
Haslam was either willfully or neglectfully blind to the Islamist growth in Knoxville while he was mayor. He defended hiring sharia finance specialist Samar Ali based on “freedom of religion” which just shows how very little he knows or understands about political sharia and the Muslim Brotherhood’s plan.
There are daily reports of Muslim jihadists living in the U.S. who have declared an allegiance to ISIS. The FBI’s Director of Counterterrorism has testified that ISIS suspects can be found in every state including neighboring Georgia and that ISIS is effectively using social media to spread its message and recruitment efforts.
Obama appointed Rashad Hussain as director of the Center for Strategic Counterterrorism Communications. The problem is Hussain, “is a terror-supporting Islamist who says that terrorists need more, not less, of fundamentalist Islam.” Like most Islamists, Hussain is connected to Muslim Brotherhood affiliates, “has defended known terrorists and is aligned with groups that espouse jihad.”
American Muslims or those Haslam welcomes from overseas; all have the same Mohammed, same Quran, same Sira, same Hadith, same Allah….same sharia law.
When will Tennessee’s apologist and appeasing leadership get serious about the jihad threat?
After the Holy Land Foundation prosecution, the FBI severed its relationship with CAIR because of its associations with the HAMAS-support network. But some FBI field offices violated the restrictions.
In 2011, a continuing funding resolution signed by Obama included language that barred the FBI from partnering with unindicted co-conspirators like CAIR. Two years later, the DOJ Inspector General released a report documenting how the FBI violated the Congressional ban by working with CAIR.
Regardless of the FBI’s efforts, CAIR directors work to undermine law enforcement. Michigan’s Dawud Walid tells his listeners not to cooperate with the FBI because they are “agent provocateurs” that target Muslims.” Walid was brought to Tennessee by ACO’s director to train Muslim high school students in political activism.
On a broader scale, the Islamist organizations are working to sanitize law enforcement training materials by withholding pertinent information and thus, effectively neutering our national security agencies.
In 2013 Judicial Watch issued its detailed report about the purge of counterterrorism training materials used by different federal agencies. The identities of who decided which materials were offensive and needed to be removed, is unknown; 876 pages and 392 presentations were purged.
Kenneth Moore, the Special Agent in Charge of the FBI’s Knoxville Office, signed the FBI memo detailing the information purged from the FBI training programs. Moore spoke at the Tennessee AMAC (American Muslim Advisory Council) event jn Manchester where Tennesseans were told what they could and could not say about Islam and Muslims.
In August 2014, Tennessee’s Muslim ACO (American Center for Outreach) along with CAIR and other Muslim Brotherhood affiliate organizations, signed onto another letter demanding more purging of materials and retraining of personnel across government agencies.
Tennessee’s lead law enforcers work to appease Islamists
In 2009 James Cotter a TNDHS Regional Advisor said with regard to foreign threats, “anything that they do over there can happen here and will.”
Two short years later, Tennessee’s Islamists received a congratulatory letter from Bill Gibbons, TN Commissioner of Safety and Homeland Security, Cotter was promoted for helping AMAC to organize and AMAC members were included in department trainings. So, there is no reason to believe that Tennessee’s law enforcement personnel are receiving complete and fact based training about Islamist activity in the state.
The Muslim Brotherhood Plan specifically addressed subversion of the media. Tennessee’s Islamists are working aggressively to subvert any media effort to objectively and truthfully report about the Islamist agenda in our state. ACO’s director Paul “Iesa” Galloway’s background is in PR & media. AMAC board member Sabina Mohyuddin supports Muslim Brotherhood organizations. They recently brought the Muslim Brotherhood’s media influence operation to the desk of The Tennessean editorial board.
What should informed citizens do?
Continue to educate yourself and those around you. Our state and federal government will allow the subversion to continue until leaders with eyes wide open choose a different course. But informed citizens do not have to wait. Anyone willing to use factual and objective information can take steps now to counter the propaganda and media influence that is underway.
Right now Tennessee needs focused efforts to expose Muslim Brotherhood affiliates, ideologues and their fellow travelers operating in Tennessee, with particular attention paid to CAIR and those that promote its work in our state.
Suggested action steps using civil and factual information:
- write well reasoned, factual based letters to the editor of your local paper exposing CAIR for its ties to HAMAS and its presence and ties to Tennessee’s Muslim Brotherhood
- request that your local reporters ask hard questions. For example, what does it mean that Jamal Badawi was listed in the Muslim Brotherhood phone directory or that no Islamist organization has ever denied the authenticity of the Muslim Brotherhood plan? What about CAIR’s director’s statement that he supports HAMAS?
- The Tennessean paper lists Tom Wilemon, as an investigative reporter. He just attended a national training conference put on by Investigative Reporters and Editors, a nonprofit dedicated to improving the quality of investigative reporting. The Tennessean claims “watchdog reporting” is a high priority for them and “serves the greater Nashville community is by doing impactful investigative journalism.” Contact Tom Wilemon – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- expose CAIR operatives like Paul “Iesa” Galloway
- make sure your state legislators know how the director of ACO is tied to CAIR and who and what CAIR is
- dominate the comments section on any relevant articles in your local paper, blog and facebook posts
- educate your neighbors; have a movie night and show movies like “The Grand Deception” and “Losing Our Sons”
- share information with your local sheriff’s office
- read the posts on this blog about interfaith efforts and the groups involved and educate your clergy
- read politicalislam.com and share with your friends
- the Tennessean newspaper – speak to advertisers; ask them why they use their advertising dollars to support a media outlet that is working with CAIR and other Muslim Brotherhood supporters
Use the information provided in this series. Remaining silent is not an option.
The Muslim Brotherhood was founded for the purpose of rejecting Western civilization and replacing it with global sharia law by restoring the Caliphate.
Tennessee’s Islamists select imams and speakers to reinforce this objective and influence younger Muslims.
Imams educated at Al Ahzar University in Egypt
Al Ahzar University is credited with starting the Islamist movement by training Islamic radicals tied to Muslim Brotherhood and stands for the propagation of Islam and sharia as a complete way of life. Considered the preeminent teaching center of sharia law Al Ahzar authenticated the English translation of “The Reliance of the Traveller, The Classic Manual of Islamic Sacred Law.”
Excerpts from “Reliance of the Traveller” include:
- “the Objectives of Jihad” 8 – … wars against Jews, Christians, and Zoroastrians if they don’t accept the invitation to Islam or they can pay the non-Muslim poll tax (jizya)
- “Giving Zakat to Deserving Recipients” 17 (zakat is Islamic charity)- those fighting for Allah [ie, “volunteers for jihad”]
- “Dealing with a rebellious wife” 12(4)(c) – a husband may hit his wife…
- Mohammed Ahmed, former imam at the Islamic Center of Nashville (ICN). Ahmed told attendees at the June 2011 meeting of the Religion Communicators Councilthat he supported the Egyptian police forced virginity tests performed on female protesters in Tahrir Square. The imam explained: “Why? It’s a very interesting fact that the police giving you a heads up, ‘oh, those people are not virgin’. That’s mean they are not good people”
- Osama Bahloul, imam at the Islamic Center of Murfreesboro (ICM). He has a degree in Dawa (prosletyzing for Islam; his thesis was the establishment of a Dawa curriculum aimed at secularists, atheists, Christians, Jews, and Muslims.) The ICM hosted the Muslim Brotherhood unindicted co-conspirators CAIR Executive Director Nihad Awad and Jamal Badawi.
Imams educated at University of Medinah, Saudi Arabia
University of Medinah in Saudi Arabia is associated with the fundamentalist Salafi branch of Sunni Islam. Salafists want to practice Islam in its most original, purest and “authentic” form without relying on cultural practices or clerical interpretations.
- AbdulRahman ibn Esa Chao, imam at the Islamic Center of Tennessee. Reported to have graduated from the University of Medinah at age 21, the youngest graduate of record. He also studied at the IIASA (Institute of Islamic and Arabic Sciences in America), located in Virginia, funded by Saudi Arabia. The Foundation for Defense of Democracies says, “[IIASA] is the largest source of Saudi hate literature in the Washington area.
- Abdulhakim Mohammed, imam at the ICN from 1999-2007 during which time he helped them set up the private Islamic school the Nashville International Academy. Born in Yemen he spent much of his early childhood in Detroit, Michigan. He spent approximately eight years at the University of Madinah in Saudi Arabia, then returned to Yemen to work managing Islamic schools and other educational programs. Prior to the ICN, he was the imam at the Islamic Center in Ann Arbor and then at the radical Brooklyn Al Farooq mosque, aka, the “al-Qaeda mosque.” This is also the mosque attended by the “blind sheik” who was convicted in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing.
- Yasir Qadhi, resident scholar at the Memphis Islamic Center and Dean of Academic Affairs, al Maghrib Institute. His media company used to sell recordings by al-Qaeda terrorist Anwar Awalaki. al Maghrib students include the Christmas Day bomber and convicted terrorist Daniel Maldonado. Qadhi is an International speaker and Holocaust denier, who says “we are loyal to our countries insofar as it does not interfere with our religion of Islam.” embed videos
Qadhi calls Christians and Jews spiritually “filthy.”
- Rafiq Mahdi, (formerly known as William Henderson), is a black American convert to Islam who after leaving the Nation of Islam trained in Saudi Arabia. He is considered the “unofficial imam of Knoxville” where he helped establish the Annoor Mosque. Prior to Knoxville, he led the Masjid Al-Iman in Florida, described as a “small fundamentalist mosque” which was the spiritual home of the “dirty bomber” Jose Padilla. Padilla had ties to al Qaeda and was convicted of planning a jihad attack in 2002.
Mahdi helped fundraise for the KindHearts Foundation which was shut down under suspicion of raising money for Hamas.
Imams trained at other Saudi institutions
- Abdullah Al Ansar, first imam at the Islamic Center of Tennessee. Graduate of the Muhammad ibn Saud Islamic University in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Has over 14 years of experience in dawa. Prior to ICTN he was the imam at Detroit’s Masjid Al Tawheed whose website (prior to scrubbing) published links to jihadi lectures in the UK. Al Ansari preached the following:
“He [Allah] told us to fight the Jews and Christians. Fight them until they give jizya. They give this protective tax from their hands and they are humiliated and subdued.” (embed video)
- Abdelrahman Murphy, former faculty member at Knoxville private Islamic School Annoor Academy, Youth Leader for Roots program and mentor to MSA at UT Knoxville. He completed the Imam Certificate Program in Makkah, Saudi Arabia. Currently, Murphy runs the youth program at the Islamic Center of Boston, encouraging the young people to “be like Mohammed.”
Examples of speakers brought to Tennessee
- Sayyid Syeed – ISNA (Islamic Society of North America), National Director for Office of Interfaith & Community Alliances. He has also served on CAIR’s Advisory Board, president of MSA of U.S. & Canada, and director of outreach for IIIT, among other positions.
In 2006, he was videotaped saying, “Our job is to change the constitution of America.”
- Jamal Badawi – referred to by name on page 12 of the Muslim Brotherhood plan that was introduced during the Holy Land Foundation prosecution and named in the Muslim Brotherhood directory. As a result of the trial, he was named individually as an unindicted co-conspirator.Badawi was an invited speaker at the ICM.
- Nihad Awad – founding member and Executive Director of CAIR. He publicly announced his support for HAMAS whose charter calls for killing Jews. He visited multiple times at the ICM.
- Dawud Walid – director of CAIR-Michigan brought by Remziya Suleyman, ACO director in 2013 to train Muslim high school students in political activism. He has been with CAIR since 2005 so he was there when CAIR was named an unindicted co-conspirator in the Holy Land Foundation trial in 2007. He downplays the significance of the terrorist jihadis al-Shabaab and tells young audiences that Muslims are being targeted by the FBI. embed video)
- Siraj Wahhaj – preaches that “Islam is better than democracy. Allah will cause his deen [Islam as a complete way of life], Islam to prevail over every kind of system, and you know what? It will happen.” He said, “If only Muslims were clever politically, they could take over the United States and replace its constitutional government with a caliphate.” He has served on the boards of several named Muslim Brotherhood organizations. He refuses to blame Osama bin Laden for 9-11.
- Zaid Shakir – he tells his audiences that he hopes “to see the “day in which America is a Muslim country ruled by Islamic law” and that if Islam rules, “[t]he Christian or the Jew will be a dhimmi [second-class citizen]. They won’t be equal with the Muslim.”
- Shaykh Waleed Basyouni – V.P. of Yasir Qadhi’s al-Maghrib Institute. Basyouni trained in Saudi Arabia and was a student of the late Wahhabi grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia, who had forbidden women to drive. Basyouni spoke and wrote about his admiration for Ibn Jibreen, an admirer of Osama bin Laden. Basyouni is considered “one of the most important leaders of the da’wah (Islamic proselytizing) in the West.” He says that “Muslims are ‘the only people who know God’ and, as such, are uniquely righteous and clearly distinguishable from nonbelievers.
Metro Nashville public schools recently announced that beginning in the next school year, they will offer Arabic language classes in the six South Nashville schools, grades 7 -12. These are schools that have the highest number of non-English speaking students.
“The six schools were chosen based on an audit of students’ home languages. Each of the schools has students that speak Arabic as their primary language, and beginning Arabic and heritage Arabic classes will be taught for the varying abilities of students.”
So, try and figure out the logic: teach Arabic to kids who already speak Arabic as their first language but who are receiving publicly funded English Language Learner services in school.
Wouldn’t it make more sense to provide them with more English instruction?
Chief Academic Office Jay Steele said the classes will “build off the skills students in the district already have” and that teaching Arabic heritage will help the students stay connected to their native culture. How far is Metro schools willing to go? Can Metro school parents expect the school district to have students try out wearing Islamic religious garments as a way to “experience” the culture? Make more visits to the mosques?
Several years ago, students visited a Nashville mosque where they were provided bottles of water and free Korans without parent knowledge or permission.
Please contact the following Metro School officials and school board members and question the legitimacy of this decision:
- is it the school district’s responsibility to “keep children connected to their native culture?”
- will classes be permitted to use the Koran as a way to teach Arabic?
- will students be taught the Shahada as a way to practice their Arabic and just by coincidence, be able to convert?
- how will this be monitored? Public schools in Maryland that have permitted Islamic prayer time in schools have enabled non-Muslim students to convert without parental knowledge
- does it make sense to teach more Arabic to students coming from homes where Arabic is spoken as opposed to working to make them proficient in English?
jay.Steele@mnps.org (he is rumored to be up for consideration as next director of schools)
School Board members:
Sharon Gentry – email@example.com (Chair)
Jo Ann Brannon – firstname.lastname@example.org
Jill Speering – email@example.com
Anna Shepherd – firstname.lastname@example.org
Elissa Kim – email@example.com (Vice-chair)
Tyese Hunter – firstname.lastname@example.org
Will Pinkston – email@example.com
Mary Pierce – firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy Frogge – email@example.com
Islamist Political Action Groups – Fellow Travelers
Students for Justice in Palestine (SJP)
In 2013, Students for Justice in Palestine (SJP) announced its status as an official student organization at UT-Knoxville. In April 2015, Vanderbilt University Ingram Scholar Hytham al-Hindi posted the SJP Vanderbilt chapter. With about 100 chapters at last count, SJP organizes extreme hate-filled anti-Israel activity on college campuses around the country.
The SJP organization was started by Hatem Bazian at Berkley who was formerly the MSA president. He was also a fundraising speaker for Kindhearts, a HAMAS front closed by the US government. Bazian also founded and chairs the national extremist anti-Israel organization American Muslims for Palestine (AMP) which helps train and support SJP activists. SJP’s 2002 national convention was sponsored by the Islamic Association for Palestine (IAP), with guest speaker Sami al-Arian.
SJP’s 2014 national convention keynote speaker was UTK alumnus, Rev. Osagyefo Uhuru Sekou who is also involved with the BDS campaign against Israel.
SJP chapters are the primary activists pushing Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) campaigns against Israel. They also hold “Israel Apartheid Week” on campuses and work to disrupt pro-Israel campus events.
Family of Abraham (FoA)
The FoA is a red-green interfaith alliance active in Middle Tennessee. Members of Nashville’s Jewish community are prominent in FoA serving on its events host committee, along with leftist mainstream Protestant and Roman Catholic churches. One of their early events featured Muslim Brotherhood ISNA’s Sayyid Syeed even though ISNA’s leadership support the BDS campaign against Israel.
Faith and Culture Center (FCC)
The newest addition to the Middle Tennessee area started by former AMAC founder and chair, Daoud Abudiab. A primary focus of the FCC is to promote the program “Our Muslim Neighbor.”
“Our Muslim Neighbor” is a project of Religions for Peace USA (RFPUSA) which is tied to Islamist Muslim Brotherhood organizations in the U.S.. “Our Muslim Neighbor” is “designed to advance understanding of Islam and Muslims in Middle Tennessee, a region identified by CAIR and the Marxist Center for American Progress, as “one of the most Islamophobic areas in America.”
FCC Executive Director, Rev. Robert Montgomery, is a social justice community organizer.
The FCC is planning to hold a fall conference devoted to “Islamophobia.”
The FCC’s “Our Muslim Neighbor” also partners with the El-Hibri Foundation funded by the El-Hibri family whose father Ibrahim was a devout Muslim. The El-Hibri Foundation website features a talk by Islamist extremist Sherman Jackson.