Action Alert: U.S. Council of Muslim Organizations Go to D.C.Posted: April 10, 2015
Action Alert – On Monday, April 13, 2015, your federal legislator will be visited by the newly formed U.S. Council of Muslim Organizations (USCMO). They say they are the first national Muslim political party.
American Muslims for Palestine (AMP) is part of this group. AMP helps train and support groups like the anti-Israel group, Students for Justice in Palestine (SJP) as well as high school Muslim Students Associations.
The Anti-Defamation League (ADL), describes AMP as “anti-Semitism under the guise of educating Americans about the just cause of Palestine and the rights of self-determination.”
Please make sure your federal legislator knows this about AMP, an organization started by Hatem Bazian:
- Bazian came as a college student to the U.S. from the Hamas stronghold of Nablus in the West Bank
- He was President of the General Union of Palestinian Students, the student arm of the PLO and his college Muslim Students Association
- He was a fundraising speaker for Kindhearts, a Hamas front closed by the US government after being considered for designation as a terrorist organization
- He co-founded Zaytuna College with Zaid Shakir, a repeat visitor to Nashville who tells his college audiences that, “under Islamic law the kafir won’t be equal with the Muslim. The Christian or the Jew will be a dhimmi. They won’t be equal with the Muslim.”
SJP is the primary driver of anti-Israel BDS (Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions) campaigns on college campuses.
- SJP chapters justify violence and intimidation of pro-Israel students and pro-Israel groups to achieve their stated mission
- SJP chapters target Jewish students simply because they are Jewish
- SJP chapters seek to make college campuses hostile environments for pro-Israel students, pro-Israel groups and Jewish students
SJP’s 2002 national convention was sponsored by the Islamic Association for Palestine (IAP), with guest speaker Sami al-Arian who was the head of the Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ) in the U.S. In 2006 when he was sentenced to 57 months in prison in connection with PIJ activities, the judge described him as a “master manipulator.” This past December, he was on Capitol Hill advocating for the restoration of Morsi’s ousted Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt. He was recently deported from the U.S.
AMP’s first conference in 2006 featured several former IAP leaders including Nihad Awad (Executive Director of CAIR and also an unindicted co-conspirator) Nihad who has stated publicly that “I am in support of the Hamas movement” and who is also a member of the new USMCO.
AMP’s National Campus Coordinator, Taher Herzallah teaches students how to be radical activists. He was one of the students arrested for heckling and disrupting Israeli Ambassador Oren’s speech at the University of California, Irvine.
Tell your legislators Tennesseans don’t support hatred for Jews and Israel!!!
Tell your legislators that agreeing to meet with this group legitimizes them.
Ask your legislator to stand with Israel and refuse a meeting with this group.