Newsletter #104 – Has the Jewish Federation Ever Heard of BDS?Posted: January 22, 2014
- Back in 2012, representatives of the Nashville Jewish Federation were quick to applaud Gov. Haslam’s appointment of Samar Ali, noting her “impressive” personal and professional background
- included in Samar’s professional background is her work as the transatlantic liaison on behalf of her father’s organization the Jerusalem Fund when they were setting up the Palestine Diabetes Institute
- the Jerusalem Fund refers to the “Occupied Palestinian Territories”
- Jerusalem Fund director Yousef Munayyer openly advocates BDS against Israel
- Samar’s father has served on the board of the Jerusalem Fund since 2000, became Vice-Chair in 2004 and from 2005 to present as the Chairman
It seems the Jerusalem Fund’s anti-Israel bent has not wavered much since its founding. It’s very public advocacy for BDS against Israel makes this organization’s position crystal clear.
Does the Jewish Federation understand the end goal of BDS is to destroy the State of Israel?