Newsletter #60 – “Ikhwanophobia” – a rational response to the Muslim BrotherhoodPosted: January 30, 2013
As stated on Ikhwanophobia.com:
Ikhwanophobia is a new term meaning the fear and or hatred of the Muslim Brotherhood members and their ideologies. It also refers to the unjustified intimidation by the people of the Muslim Brotherhood members.
Ikhwanophobes are the factions who call for discrimination towards Muslim Brotherhood members and Muslims in general. They may be characterized by having the belief that all or most MB’s are religious fanatics, with violent tendencies towards non-Muslims, and reject as directly opposed to Islam such concepts as equality, tolerance, and democracy.
Ikhwanophobes always attempt to link Muslim Brotherhood to terrorism and violence.
Ikhwanophobia is completely linked to the Islamophobia term, where there are continued accusations of the Muslim societies and Islamic Centers in Europe or in the States of being affiliated to the Muslim Brotherhood.
Intimidation of the Muslim Brotherhood, of course, leads to many negative consequences that are contrary to basic human rights. It generates evident discrimination of the western Muslims who live in Europe and the US . This bias also forces public opinion and decision makers to reject many of the democratic choices of the Muslim and Middle Eastern peoples. Hence a set of negative assumptions are made of the entire group to the detriment of members of that group.
A review of the website was posted on the Muslim Brotherhood’s “official U.S. website”
Eight Good Reasons to be an Ikhwanophobe:
- Hassan al-Banna, founder of the Muslim Brotherhood said, “it is the nature of Islam to dominate, not to be dominated, to impose its laws on all nations and to extend its power to the entire planet.”
- 1982 Muslim Brotherhood “Project” – 14 page plan outlining strategy to “establish an Islamic government on earth”. The document was discovered during a raid of the Swiss villa of one of the international leaders of the Muslim Brotherhood.
- A 1988 FBI memo “documented that a source, apparently within the ranks of the Muslim Brotherhood in the U.S., described a six-phased plan. It included creating “political action front groups with no traceable ties” so that it can “peacefully get inside the United States government and also American universities… The source told the FBI that Brotherhood operatives ‘claimed success infiltrating the United States government.’”
- The 1991 Muslim Brotherhood Explanatory Memorandum on the General Strategic Goal for North America – That the work of Muslims and their organizations “in America is a kind of grand Jihad in eliminating and destroying the Western civilization from within and ‘sabotaging’ its miserable house by their hands … so that … God’s religion [Islam] is made victorious over all other religions.”
5. Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi:
a) May 13, 2012 campaign speech in which he quotes Muslim Brotherhood founder Hassan al-Banna and leads the assembled crowd in the Muslim Brotherhood credo:
“The Koran is our constitution. The Prophet Muhammad is our leader. Jihad is our path. And death for the sake of Allah is our most lofty aspiration. Above all – Allah is our goal.”
Morsi concludes his speech with this promise:
“The shari’a, then the shari’a, and finally, the shari’a. This nation will enjoy blessing and revival only through the Islamic shari’a. I take an oath before Allah and before you all that regardless of the actual text [of the constitution]… Allah willing, the text will truly reflect [the shari’a], as will be agreed upon by the Egyptian people, by the Islamic scholars, and by legal and constitutional experts…”
b) Morsi in 2010 – “We must never forget, brothers, to nurse our children and grandchildren on hatred toward those Zionists and Jews and all those who support them. They [the children of Egypt] must be nursed on hatred. The hatred must continue.”
In 2010 Morsi was serving in the Muslim Brotherhood’s Guidance Office which is the highest level body of the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood.
6. Achieving the Muslim Brotherhood’s goal as envisioned by Hassan al-Banna (see #1 above) in six phases. The Brotherhood’s Supreme Guide Mohamed Badie says with the election of Morsi, the Muslim Brotherhood is completing the fourth phase in Egypt.
“The Islamic nation must be fully prepared to fight the tyrants and the enemies of Allah as a prelude to establishing an Islamic state.”
8. “Islam is the solution” – the long-standing Muslim Brotherhood slogan.
A phobia is a psychological term that indicates an irrational and excessive fear of a particular thing or situation.